“Our anniversary spot”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed May 30, 2013

This is my husband favorite spot for celebrating our anniversary. We will come here and he would order a bottle of merlot and two cowboy steaks. I love the inspirational atedotes posted throughout as they add to the ambience.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Nothing exceptional about the food here and the steaks are just a tad bit more than I want to pay for, but what I like about this place was the serenity, let me say that again what a joy it was the serenity in this facility. I do not understand why restaurants are trying to be dining facility's and bars in one. My favorite steakhouses I no longer frequent because it seems they must be blarring with music and twelve waitresses singing happy birthday at the table next to you , when all you want is a quiet dinner. some steakhouses even have line dancing in the place next to you while you are trying to eat. Topeka Steakhouse so serene, I will be back.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Big steaks, nice room; what more do you want? I have eaten here a few times and the food is always good and the service is fine.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

Lured in by a coupon, we opted to drive nearly 30 minutes to eat breakfast at Topekas on Parham Road. It was 8.30am on a Friday. There were three cars in the parking lot. We entered the dark and gloomy restaurant where there was no sign of life except for a cleaner mopping the floor in a hallway. A cook eventually appeared behind the glass window to the kitchen and shouted:
"Someone will be with you in a minute."
We waited and waited. Being seniors and very hungry we decided not to wait any longer. We were halfway to the car when a man appeared in the door shouting:
"You don't have to leave!" His excuse for our wait was that he was the cook AND the waiter that morning and he would have seated us eventually! Imagining the equally long wait we would have to endure to be waited on and served if he was doing everything, we politely declined and ate elsewhere where we were made very welcome. Lunch and dinner may be OK but forget breakfast. You are not welcome.

2  Thank Yogaphile
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Really long wait - like ridiculous [okay, it was probably a weekend night] - so we sat at the bar and talked to the locals. By the time we downed our brews, we weren't that hungry. The food was pretty good, but it arrived a little too quickly to think it was made for us.