“Tres Leches Cake is devine!”
Review of Kuba-Kuba

Kuba-Kuba
Ranked #14 of 1,647 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Caribbean, Cuban, Spanish
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I like funky, little local places and this fits that description! We easily found parking on the street on a Sunday at lunch time. We waited a few minutes for a table and our group of 8 squeezed into a large booth. The service was so-so. We had hungry kiddos that were served last and we had trouble finding our waitress at times. The cleanliness of the place was so-so. Don't look at the floor too closely. The whole place could use a good scrub. BUT the food was yummy and we devoured our arroz con pollo, black bean soup, and Cuban sandwiches in no time. As other raters have commented, the corn bread is dry and tasteless, but wasn't a show stopper. My hubby enjoyed the coffee and I loved the tres leches cake. It's always a favorite and they really do a nice job with it here.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Kuba-kuba was a place which I wanted to try before moving to fan district in downtown. This is a good casual place but don't keep high expectations.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is a really cute small restaurant in Richmond. We ordered a variety of food items to try. The best item we had was the emanadillas (appetizer). The spanish omlet with chorizo was pretty good, but the corn bread was stale. My husband's cubano sandwich was a bit light on flavor. Service was good. I might try it again for dinner.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I visited Kuba Kuba last night with my brother and his girlfriend. We ordered a sampler type appetizer with ceviche, sausage, and vegetables among other things that was plenty for three people to split. I ordered the paella valenciano. There were quite a few capers but overall a great dish. I also tried a shrimp entree and the roast pork. Both were very good as well. The best thing on the menu by far is the tres leches cake. We ordered one to split, and even though I am not typically a dessert person, I wanted to stab my brother with my fork when he took the last piece.
Another plus: the beer is cheap!

Reviewed February 2, 2013

This was one of the first restaurants I visited when I moved to Richmond and I certainly was not disappointed. The food was delicious and there plenty of vegetarian options!