“Great fun”

Ranked #340 of 1,619 Restaurants in Richmond
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 13, 2013

If you are thin skinned or uptight don't go to this show. If you are up or very good food and a lot of risqué laughs then this place delivers. My chesapeake eggs Benedict were excellent, the bloody Mary's and mimosas were great, the entertainment ( especially loved heaven-Leigh) was so much fun. The only issue I had was my seat, in the doorway to the dance club, I could not see very well, but managed just fine. The service is slow, but I am sure they have limited servers to keep cost own. The price was extremely reasonable! Go and enjoy it for the escapism that it is!

There are newer reviews for Godfrey's

Reviewed May 5, 2013

The Sunday drag brunch is a MUST on your bucket list. Bring lots of dollar bills (they will exchange your larger bills for you as needed) and enjoy giving out every single one of them! But, don't go with the plan of getting a good meal -- it is a club, after all. Food also naturally comes out very slowly during the brunch (everyone is ordering at once). Best bet: eat a little bit before you go and then order the fruit plate to have something to nibble on with their awesome drinks. The waitstaff is excellent at managing so many customers at once. They keep the drinks coming, are on top of everything you need every minute, and are as engaging as the ladies.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

A lot of fun. I took my family for Drag Brunch on a Sunday and made my dad sit in the aisle...awesome. He got kissed by plenty drag queens. It was our first time their and we didn't really know what to expect. I've been to shows before, but everywhere is different. The queens were great, albeit the singing went on a little long and the songs were all fast and current. There were 4 ladies and they each sang like 4 songs...too long. The restaurant is attached to a nightclub, both tiny. The food was small, average and kind of pricey for brunch. I don't think I'll ever go back to Godfrey's, but I'm glad we went while in town.

1  Thank Stargirl8604
Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

Love this place. Its rocks!!! Jeff and the girls rock this place!! Drag and liquor. What could be better

Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

We have been going to Godfreys brunch for years and now that I no longer live in Richmond I appreciate it even more. This isn't a brunch for gay folks unless you are just an ignorant homophobic. I am straight and this is an amazingly fun show with great food and drinks! I have since seen drag shows in other cities and the girls of Richmond are top notch in every way! This isn't just a lip synch show; there's dancing, humor and great costumes. Everyone should try this brunch if you want something fun and different with delicious food and strong delicious drinks on a Sunday morning. This is my favorite brunch of all time and I eat a lot of brunches!

1  Thank Jakob H