“NICE COUNTRY BREAKFAST”

Ranked #140 of 1,623 Restaurants in Richmond
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Loved that bologna for breakfast.. Nice place good food .. good service.. Loved how they keep your coffee cup full!

Reviewed September 17, 2013

More like 3 1/2 stars, if I could rate it that way. This is my second time. Good salmon cakes...a little over fried on the outside. Very good pancakes (better than expected, but not the best I have had)...nice even color and cooked well. Basic home fries...enjoyed. Eggs a bit over cooked and chopped up, but a finished them. No frills....solid.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

My wife and I stopped by for breakfast this week after purchasing a Groupon coupon. We were both pleased with our breakfast experience. We parked in the wrong parking lot when we got there and found out when we got to the front door so we had to move but no big deal. Parking is in the back of the building so we'll know that the next time we go back which will be soon. My wife had the chocolate chip pancakes while I had the steak and eggs with hash browns, grits and biscuits. We both enjoyed our meals and everything was cooked just right. They had the best coffee we have had in a long time. The atmosphere is somewhat rustic which was pretty cool. It was clean and the service was great. Recommend anyone in the area to stop by.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

For years I have depended on Trip Advisor for guidance when my family and I travel. Particularly when it comes to dining out. Since I am a baker and some say a good southern cook, I look for good down home food when traveling down south. I always base a place on whether or not I have to go out of my way to make a return visit. This lead me to McLeans after reading the reviews. We traveled to Richmond to attend the Redskins fan appreciation day. As someone else stated, the food is just basic nothing to really write home about. The service was great. The french toast was just sandwich bread, the pancakes were ok a little heavier than I like, the sausage was cooked too hard. It was filing, but not satisfying as good Southern comfort food should be.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Went to Mcleans restaurant for a Sunday breakfast while in Richmond. This place is nothing special. Portions are of average size if not below average. Prices are fair. Service was good. No ambiance whatsoever. Food was only okay. Really can’t mess up breakfast fare to badly. If you’re looking for a mediocre place for breakfast this place is for you. They also serve lunch, but we did not have lunch there.