“BBQ”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Richmond, Virginia
“BBQ”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Extra Billy's on West Broad street is in a good location and has plenty of parking out back. This place has been here for a while and you can see the pile of wood used for the pit fire. They are know for their BBQ entries, but also have good burgers etc. Not the healthiest menu, but good.

• Visited September 2013

Richmond, Virginia
“Very Good Barbecue”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We joined another couple for dinner and we were very pleased with the service and the food. My wife decided on having the "vegetable stand" (salad bar). She commented that the selection of items was somewhat limited to mainly a true salad bar and not a lot of extras that most salad bars come with. She did find enough items to make a meal out of it so she was somewhat pleased and full when we left. I ordered the BBQ combo with pork and beef, I was very pleased with my meal and there was lots of it. It was cooked just right and the taste was great, really enjoyed it and very filling. Definitely recommend stopping by for a meal if you are in the area.

• Visited August 2013
Marblehead, Massachusetts
“Great service, tastless food”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Having lived in North Carolina for 8 years, my husband and look forward to good, Southern barbeque. This wasn't the place for that. Both the pulled and minced pork dishes came dry with no seasoning or sauce. The sliced brisket was equally dry and unseasoned. Never had barbeque served dry before. Even the cole slaw lacked any seasoning.

However, the service was excellent.

• Visited July 2013
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“BBQ is Underrated”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

This BBQ restaurant is one of my favorites in town and it's a must eat joint when I visit Richmond. It always helps when you have a wonderful server, Megan and everybody welcomes me with open arms and the warm Southern hospitality I've grown accustomed. I usually order the sampler combo and went with Brisket,pulled pork and my favorite, Texas sausage. Once again, I took home 1 1/2 pounds to go since their sausage is out of this world with spicy mustard and Buzz & Neds don't offer sausage which is hard to find at any of the other BBQ joints in town. The brisket was tender, moist and had a pink ring to show it was thoroughly cooked unlike Dave's Famous BBQ, which is pre-cooked and thrown into a microwave and wonder why your food arrives so quickly. It's a Fast food version of barbeque! I usually order the pork minced which is popular in the South but unheard of in the North and always like their spicy BBQ sauce although they offer 3-4 different sauces at the table.

I could care less about the ambiance as long as it is clean, meets health standards and the smell is intoxicating from the parking lot. I also ordered a Full rack and the meat fell off the bone but my only complaint is that the ribs were not as meaty as usual but it happens from time to time and will make sure that they are the next visit which will be in August. The prices are much more reasonable than Buzz & Neds and it seems like they fly under the radar because Buzz & Neds spend a lot of money to promote their business so their advertising costs are much higher so they pass the costs onto the customers. Their greens are awesome with the chicken broth and always make sure to get 2 sides with my entrees and love their sweet tea although I try to get half and half to protect my teeth from falling out. It's usually a nice mix of old timers and new customers and this restaurant is family owned and been in business much longer than Buzz & Neds.

You're missing a great BBQ feast if you don't givd this restaurant a shot and if I lived in Richmond, I would probably eat here weekly instead of every couple of months!

• Visited July 2013
Richmond, Virginia, United States
“Extra Billy's, Midlothian, VA”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

My wife and I frequent this restaurant, but hadn't been there in several weeks. We like the BarBQ, but come for the microbrews. I particularly like the Alligator Ale. We ate here on 6/7/2013 and were shocked to find the beer menu completely changed. We were not pleased. I had a Secret Sauce beer that tasted like fermented grapefruit juice. My wife had an Albino Monkey that tasted like someone had dumped a spice rack into it. Neither one of us finished our beer (unheard of for us to leave beer on the table). Significantly, our waitress never asked us how we liked the beer or asked if we wanted another. I suspect she has had feedback from other customers already. While we liked the BarBQ, there are other BarBQ restaurants in the area. I doubt we will return until your beer menu returns to normal. T.L.Taylor, check #495182

• Visited June 2013