“Great Vietnamese Every Time!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mekong Vietnamese Restaurant

Mekong Vietnamese Restaurant
Ranked #51 of 1,593 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Charleston, South Carolina
“Great Vietnamese Every Time!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

We have been patrons there many times over the years and must say this is with out doubt one of the most consistently great places to eat, drink and enjoy fellowship. the owners are wonderful people and really care about the patrons having a good time. The beer selection is outstanding with something from every part of the world to consider.

If you want authentic Vietnamese food try the various noodle soups and clay pot dishes. The clay pot pork is outstanding! The noodle soups have wonderful flavor and for added spice put in the fresh cut chili's and lime juice! The pho soups are great and another authentic dish.

For price, choice and fun, you can't beat Mekong!

Midlothian, Virginia
“Make sure you have reservations”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

We had early reservations and the party grew to 16. Other reservations kept us from having additional tables but we did fine. There is an extensive menu. I had a chicken dish with lots of vegetables. It was good but not very warm. The same with the tea. It was good
Vietnamese food.
When we left there was a line to get in. This is a very popular place.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Beer Beer Beer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

Don't bother with the Pho, its quite mediocre compared to Pho So 1. The rest of their Vietnamese food is good not great, but the star of this restaurant is the AMAZING beer selection. Try as many as possible, this is the only place to get many of these!

Visited October 2012
Arlington, Virginia
“Surprisingly good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

We were a group of 9 who walked in around 5:30 on Saturday night. Though there was not a problem getting a table at that time, by the time we left around 6:30/7, the place was really hoppin', with many people waiting for tables. Since we live in the Washington DC area, we are used to having great ethnic restaurants, so I was really surprised at how great this very unassuming joint was. The setting is pretty basic - I don't recall if there was any decor, and the tables and chairs were very basic. But the service was excellent. Within a minute of my daughter spilling her drink on the table, two servers were assisting with sopping it up. The food - from salads to noodles to meats and fried items - was wonderful - fresh, plentiful, and delicious.

1 Thank danceqn
Burlington, Vermont
“Coolest Beer Experience I've Had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

I came here with friends who knew the owner. It was after their final customer of the evening had left so he and the bartender were really just hanging out because we were there. They brought out several super fine beers from Switzerland and elsewhere in Europe. It was seriously the coolest beer experience I've ever had...and I'd like to think I've consumed my fair share. I would happily go back in a heartbeat, next time I'm in Richmond. If you're anywhere near this area and appreciate good beer, go here. I hear the food is great, but can't comment on it myself. Thanks to An the owner and "Mr. T" the bartender.