“Not what we expected...”

Zorba's Greek Italian Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Zorba's Greek Italian Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #131 of 1,608 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Greek, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Pittsburgh
“Not what we expected...”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

After an overload of turkey we were looking for some tasty Greek food. Unfortuantely, the Greek Islands were not open Saturday afternoon so we opted for nearby Zorba's. The interior is very inviting and the service was adequate. The food was another story. Most of us ordered the chicken or souvlakia gyro. We made the huge mistake of not getting the Tzatziki sauce the side, it came with a huge glob on top and the the sauce was not authentic and ruined the sandwich. It tasted like the typical Sysco version made out of heavy sour cream with minimal flavor. Authentic sauce is usually made out of yogurt, cucumber, lemon, fresh dil/mint. The meat was diced and was not of much flavor nor worth the $8. The lemon/egg soup and the sweet potato fries were ok. I wish we had opted to stay home and saved the $46.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Xenos2

Mechanicsville, Virginia
“Not what it use to be”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Before the fire, Zorba's was a great place to eat. Since they have re-openned after the fire, not so much. The place looks more like a steak house than a Greek/Italian restaraunt.

Visited April 2012
3 Thank 1967foodie
Virginia
“True homemade Greek food”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

After hearing about Zorba's, I was in the area and stopped in for an early dinner. The service was excellent, along with the variety of Greek food offered. My husband chose the Combo platter, to get a taste of the variety they offered. I ordered one of the specials (Tilapia) and both of us were extremely satisfied. Portions were generous, homemade bread was great and service could not have been better. Atmosphere is great for both couples and families. One of the owners came by the table to ensure we were happy and thanked us for coming. Highly recommend this family restaurant for lunch or dinner. They've been around for over 20 years...I'm only disappointed that I waited this long to discover Zorba's. For those who dine with family members less inclined to favor Greek food, they also offer Italian food.

• Visited June 2012
Virginia
“Best in town!!”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Zorba's rebuilt is even better than before!! Lovely new dining room and bar and the food is fabulous. We have never had any dish that we did not love and the chicken soup with orzo is heavenly!

Visited June 2012
Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina
“Great Pizza, Lousy Service”
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Stopped in to have a Zorba's pizza for lunch, also wanted to visit the location since they have reopened after the fire. Restaurant is beautiful, from seating to decor, the stone wall and the wine racks make this place very inviting. Pizza is still some of the best in Richmond. You must try it.

Service was lacking, unfortunately. Since we only ordered a pizza and two iced teas, a bill that totaled $22.00, this may have had something to do with the sub-par service, but of course that is no excuse. I had finished my tea half way through my pizza and was never asked if I wanted a refill. I wound up drinking my wife's tea. Service was very disappointing. A 25% tip was left in hopes of making a statement that people are not cheap, just not ready to eat a large meal.

Glad to see Zorba's back up and running....and when its time for pizza it will be take out only.

• Visited May 2012