“Very Cute and Quaint!”

Strawberry Street Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Strawberry Street Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #86 of 1,603 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Here at Strawberry Street Cafe, we have been providing great food and service in an inviting, casual atmosphere since 1976. Located in the Historic Fan District, we are only about a ten minute drive from the Landmark Theatre and the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts. What we are best known for is our famous salad bar, which is actually situated in an old-fashioned bathtub and filled with fresh vegetables, fruits, prepared salads and homemade soups. The menu includes such specialties as Maryland Crabcakes, Pasta Jambalaya, Homemade Chicken Pot Pie, and Spinach Lasagna.
Charlotte
“Very Cute and Quaint!”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Very cute and quaint dining experience. My daughter and I enjoyed the ambiance and the wait staff was awesome. Instead of the choosing the “bath tub buffet” (which, we will next time), we opted to order from the menu. Great, Great, Great. My daughter ordered a cheeseburger and I had an omelette and a mimosa (yummy). I also ordered a side of sausages, which, in my opinion, wasn’t freshly cooked (could have been for the buffet). I told our waitress that I didn’t like the sausages and she removed it from our bill. (very customer friendly). Side note: They are huge supporters of the arts and culture. We are going to add this cute and quaint café to our list of dining options.

• Visited February 2014

Richmond, Virginia
“Bath Tub Salad Bar!”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

A great cafe in the heart of The Fan! Not only is it on a nice little block, but the restaurant has a lot of charm. The staff gives great service and the food is very good. I usually get the salad bar which also has soup and nice fresh fruit. They also have a fun bar and dinner, but I haven't experience that.

• Visited December 2013
New Kent
“Came back to an old friend”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Had not been here is a long time so with a coupon from Living Social I thought I would surprise my wife and younger daughter for a brunch on New Year's day. We spent a good deal of time before we got to the cafe trying to find a parking space since it is in residential area. If we had we 15 minutes later than we did we would have had to wait in line. It is not a big place. Consulting the menu all three in our party decided to get the breakfast bar. My daughter especially enjoyed the fresh kiwi fruit--she had never had one taste so goo. The eggs were a little tasteless but the biscuits and gravy were excellent. My wife thought the cheesy grits were very tasteful along with the fruit and salad. I had to salad too which rounded out my meal. My wife enjoyed her meal but my daughter thought what she had a was OK. At the breakfast bar my daughter missed something like pancakes or waffles. All all enjoyed the special brunch.

• Visited January 2014
Washington, DC
“Great Experience!”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

The Food the Atmosphere everything was great try the Shrimp & Grits!! Right in the downtown area Will go back again..

• Visited January 2014
Belvidere
“Love the food and ambiance”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I had the special, Maryland crab cakes and shrimp. It was so good. I could have eaten two plates! Our server was very prompt and welcoming.

Visited December 2013