“We keep going back”

Strawberry Street Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Strawberry Street Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #103 of 1,608 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Here at Strawberry Street Cafe, we have been providing great food and service in an inviting, casual atmosphere since 1976. Located in the Historic Fan District, we are only about a ten minute drive from the Landmark Theatre and the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts. What we are best known for is our famous salad bar, which is actually situated in an old-fashioned bathtub and filled with fresh vegetables, fruits, prepared salads and homemade soups. The menu includes such specialties as Maryland Crabcakes, Pasta Jambalaya, Homemade Chicken Pot Pie, and Spinach Lasagna.
Tappahannock
“We keep going back”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

I first ate at Strawberry Street Café in my teenage years, longer ago than I care to admit. The fact that I keep going back speaks to the fact that the restaurant is consistently good and that I enjoy the food. My wife and I take out girls, 15 and 12, every now and then, but we particularly like going on a "date" for the salad bar. The Bathtub salad bar is always nicely stocked with good quality salad fare and they have a variety of side dishes and a daily soup. My girls like going to Strawberry Street Café reasonably well, but I imagine that they will want to go back over the years, even when they go on their own dates. The tables are very basic and the place is not fancy, but the good food and atmosphere make this a good place to eat. We would probably give this place a 4.3 or 4.4, but since those ratings are not an option, we think it is certainly a strong 4.

• Visited December 2013

North Carolina
“Delicious”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

This place is known for its "salad bar in a bathtub." I didn't partake of the salad bar, but I did have some wonderful French onion soup, and some of the best mac and cheese I've ever had the pleasure of shovelling down my gullet! Everyone else at the table had sandwiches and the salad bar, and everyone enjoyed their food immensely. The Brunswick stew was especially popular; I saw the staff refill that soup tureen twice during my meal.

• Visited October 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“A Richmond Tradition - worth the visit”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Tucked away in a local neighborhood Strawberry Street offers a nice selection of food and drink. Their bathtub salad bar keeps us coming back year after year. Great chicken salad and the best marinated mushrooms.

Visited September 2013
Glen Allen, Virginia
“Family Gathering”
Reviewed October 26, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Excellent brunch on Sundays. Food is consistently good and reasonably priced. Great place for family gatherings.

Visited October 2013
Mc Lean
“A Drop in Surprize”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Just happened upon this little restaurant when meeting for a wedding cake tasting, located on the same street. This is a cozy neighborhood restaurant with excellent food and an extensive wine list. I had a hummus platter and a flight of white wine suggested by my waiter - everything was fresh - veggies were crisp, hummus and pita were homemade and delicious and the wine flight was very nice. Later we came back and had a light dinner. I had the quiche, my son had a pot pie and my new daugher-in-law had a salad. Everything was beautifully plated and delicious - I look forward to going back again.

• Visited August 2013