“Pretty good, but didn't live up to the hype”

Buz & Ned's Real Barbecue Boulevard
Ranked #38 of 1,719 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Description: While Buz has been dishing real barbecue in Richmond since 1992, our first brick-and-mortar location on Boulevard opened in 1995. We've also had the honor and privilege of being featured on some of television's top food shows. We are thankful to our loyal fan base that keeps coming back year-after-year. We opened our Broad St. location in 2012 and we look forward to bringing the same barbecue tradition to the West End.
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Came here on the recommendation of friends.

Cons
There was a long line (about 20 minutes), and the set-up is pretty inefficient. Fairly high prices for
BBQ. Could've been a little cleaner.

Pros
Our spare ribs, hush puppies, and cuke salad were really good.

Overall, if it were a bit cheaper and better organized, I'd increase my recommendation.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Delicious, authentic, tasty barbeque served right. The tastes in both the barbeque and sides comes through without being drowned in sauces or seasonings. The wide-open room is rustic without being kitschy and it's lively and comfortable without an ounce of pretense. Six of us at there, with beverages, and the total bill was $75 - can't beat that - and we left plenty full.

Overall, highly recommended for a come-as-you-are dining experience.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

Enjoyed the beef BBQ, slaw, and tasted the brisket. Not a bad place at all. Would like to head back and try the pork as well.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I love the food at Buz & Ned's, especially the pulled pork, beans and potato salad but was extremely frustrated one night when I tried to call in a takeout order. They will not allow you to do that. You can go to the restaurant and order takeout there, but then you have to wait for it. Crazy and frustrating... I rated service low due to my dissatisfaction with their takeout policy.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

This is the best bar b q spot in Richmond.. I used to think Pierce's in Williamsburg was my top choice in Virginia but recently I ate at both, back to back and Buz won. The boulevard location dinning area is basic, which doesn't bother me. The sides are good, but not out standing..BUT the Q is great. I prefer the Boulevard location, even tho it can get crowded. There are some good Q spots in Richmond, you can try others but Buz is the best.