“Absolutely wonderful !”

Ranked #16 of 1,638 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Takeout
Description: While Buz has been dishing real barbecue in Richmond since 1992, our first brick-and-mortar location on Boulevard opened in 1995. We've also had the honor and privilege of being featured on some of television's top food shows. We are thankful to our loyal fan base that keeps coming back year-after-year. We opened our Broad St. location in 2012 and we look forward to bringing the same barbecue tradition to the West End.
Reviewed August 14, 2013

This has to be the best place ever ! We had the brisket and it just melted in our mouth. Never had brisket so tender. I was in heaven and want to make it a point to stop if I am in that area again. Can't be beat. My mouth is watering , a must.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

My daughter, going to VCU, head of this place, so passing through Richmond on 95 we swung in for a bit to eat. It is 5 minutes off the highway and more than worth to time. This is NOT NC vinegar BBQ, this is St Louis wet. It is a little place with seating outside and in. We placed our orders and they were served up in about 2 minutes. We ate outside on a wonderful evening. All of the BBQ was first rate. Pork, beef, smoked well and the sauce was not overbearing. The sides, hush puppies and slaw were great. Will be stopping in again when we go down that way.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We headed down to Richmond to Redskins fan appreciation day looking forward to checking this place out after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor. My husband and I ordered the minced pork sandwiches with beans and potato salad. When I eat bbq I look for it to have loads of flavor which this did not which surprised me as it smelled so good. The beans and potato salad were just ok and the portion small for the price. The place was crowded, but no one I talked to thought their food was out of this world good.I really wanted to like this place based on the reviews. Maybe they were overwhelmed from all the fans. It was filing but maybe not worth a return visit.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

We came after Redskins training camp and the food was awesome. It was a bit crowded, and the place is small. But, it was definitely worth the stop. We shared a full rack of ribs, cole slaw, potato salad, and onion rings. They were out of the mac and cheese. The ribs were delicious and more than enough for 2. The potato salad and onion rings were phenomenal. We will pass on the cole slaw next time. We definitely recommend Buz and Ned's, and look forward to coming back next year. HTTR!!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Best baby back ribs I have ever had! They were smoked perfectly with just enough tenderness. The BBQ sauce was sweet and with just the right amount slathered on them. I had the beans and slaw for my side that came with a grilled piece of garlic toast (yum). They were decent with a good sweet flavor to the beans and the slaw had a creamy dressing with a hint of mustard. It worked well with the ribs, since the star of the show should always be the MEAT! Also had the fried pickles for an appetizer, they were also the best. They were pickle spears with a seasoned panko breading that were not over fried and the pickle was still crispy inside!

The place was busy with Redskins camp traffic and the wait was about 10 minutes for the food to come up. The only complaint would be the prices ($19 for a half rack of baby backs), and the counter service. They could use a little more of the southern hospitality and at least thank the customer when they finish paying...

More definitely my favorite BBQ joint in Richmond!!!