“Excellent Restaurant with Great Food”

Bookbinder's Seafood & Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Bookbinder's Seafood & Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 1,644 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 24th and East Cary Street
Description: Richmond's favorite restaurant to celebrate a special occasion or hold a business meeting! Locally family owned and unique to Richmond, Bookbinder's Seafood and Steakhouse offers the perfect combination of rich history and atmosphere. Close to the James River in historic Tobacco Row, steak and seafood lovers will enjoy the ambiance of exposed beams and brick walls in this refurbished tobacco warehouse.
Reviewed August 7, 2013

This is our go to place to celebrate special occasions. We were leaving on a 40th anniversary trip the next day and staying at an airport hotel. We met our son and his girlfriend at Bookbinders the evening prior to our departure. We thoroughly enjoyed the evening - the food was excellent as was the service. It always is. We have been to this restaurant several times now and have never been disappointed. I would say that while my son usually get steak and enjoys it, I have always ordered sea food and enjoyed it until this time when I tried the bone in ribeye. I will go back to sea food next time - the steak was ok but not nearly as good as the shrimp and crab dishes I have enjoyed here. It is not cheap but in my opinion it is worth every penny you spend here.

1  Thank judatt

Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

It's very expensive and most of the food did not taste that great. The flavor was lacking & the seafood was kind of chewy. The drinks were good though.

The server: Not going to lie...she scared me and seemed very uptight.

The bathrooms: They are decent and located in the back.

This place seems more for a business clientele.

1  Thank TrueValue84
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Had dinner with business colleagues. Ordered the oysters as an appetizer. They were a sleection of small and large oysters. The dish was very fresh and delicious. A colleague had the clams and they were very happy with their selection. I ordered the crabcake with steak entry. The steak melted in your mouth and the crabcake was very good. We ordered the asparagus, lobster macaroni and cheese, creamed corn. All were delicious. The chardonnay was oaky and delicious. I had cheesecake with and irish coffee for desert and I can't wait to return to have everything all over again. The service was perfect as well.

1  Thank MagVeg
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My husband and I went to OOB to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary and had a wonderful experience. We arrived a half hour before our reservation, and decided to have a drink in the bar. After enjoying a wonderful lemon drop martini, we were shown to our cozy booth, located in the main dining room, overlooking Cary Street. We ordered the carpaccio appetizer and the shrimp bisque soup; both were awesome. My husband had the tuna special that he described as luscious and I had the petit filet, which is one of the best filet's I've had in a long time. We had a side order of the Cream Corn au Gratin and the Cream Spinach, and both were perfect accompaniments. The service provided by our waiter Andrew was excellent. He was there when we needed him, but not intrusive. We will definitely return!

1  Thank dondon61
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The experience at this restaurant always surpasses my expectations and it's a fantastic feeling when you walk thru the door and warmly greeted by Ellen and Kelly. They always give you such a great smile and making you feel like family. My server, Jeanette greeted me with a hug and big smile when I walked to my table and she was so professional and courteous that you are treated like royalty at this restaurant. Even when she was tied up with a big party, she made it a point to come over to my table and give me a heads up which is huge in my book and Morgan was so nice and friendly and provided great service while I was waiting to place my order and brought me drinks and their delicious bread.

I ordered the Stuffed mushrooms which were stupendous because they are topped with bacon, goat cheese and some other spices and also enjoyed their Shrimp Bisque which blows away some of the restaurants in DC. For my entree, I induged in their Wasabi Salmon which is one of my favorites because I like spicy food and the orange sauce is sweet and it is topped with crabmeat. Oh my! I also ordered their Asparagus with hollendaise sauce and you get to decide how much you want and I am trying to watch my waistline so did not go overboard. Lastly, I have a weakness for cheescake and sure enough, NY Cheecake was on the menu with caramel and it was so tantalizing.

This was my fourth visit this year to Bookbinders and I'll be back in August and will look forward to my next visit to River City! This is a can't miss restaurant and even my hotel driver highly recommended this place! Great classy restaurant with an incredible staff that know how to take care of customers and that goes a long way in my book!

1  Thank SmilingSteve4