“I am told this place used to be good.”

Patina Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #334 of 1,644 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Broad Street
Description: Patina is Short Pump’s go-to spot for an independent culinary establishment. Our menu, created by Executive Chef Kyle Cox, an Elby award nominee, contains a variety of dishes in the farm to table to fork tradition, prepared nightly by Chef Cox, using the freshest seasonal ingredients available.Chef Cox’s prepares all dishes using as many sustainable, organic, local and ethical products as possible. Because we use the best products from the best farms, we know we are bringing the best possible food and service to your table.
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Really disappointed in the food here. The soup was bland and the shrimp scampi was raw. A total disaster.

1  Thank motownpackers

Reviewed October 21, 2011

I have been coming here since it opened. The food and service are excellent. It stands up to any restaurant in Virginia. Please come by.

1  Thank Sandalath
Reviewed August 28, 2011

Consistently great food, service. They mix up the menu well and always have a nice variety to choose from.

1  Thank Doctahh
Reviewed August 26, 2011

I will never go there again. We walked in to an almost empty restaurant at 7;15 in the evening. Yes it was a Friday but there was no one seated outside and only about 5 tables seated in the restaurant. We were told it would be 45 minutes!!! We had to beg to get an appetizer and waited for ovor an hour thirty for a table!! Then the food was okay not great.

2  Thank kellyiz
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I wanted to take my wife out for a special meal this week, so I picked the Patina Grill in Richmond's Short Pump neighorhood. The Patina Grill has long garnered positive reviews as the best or one of the best restaurants in Richmond's West End. We went to Patina expecting the food to be thoughtfully prepared and beautifully presented. We weren't disappointed.

My wife had the southwestern corn soup and I started with the house's remarkable Caesar Salad with fresh Italian anchovies. The Romaine lettuce was standing up vertically like shock of wheat. A strip from a gourd was used to bind the lettuce. The salad was delicious, and contained as much lettuce as I've ever seen in Caesar.

My wife enjoyed the house Shrimp Scampi special with a scallion risotto and asparagus. Nice colors and a taste treat, she said. I decided to have two small plates.

What an optimist! I'd suggest going with just one unless you have a really big appetite. When the crab cakes with fettucine and fresh, sweet peppers showed up, I knew I was in trouble. While this was priced like a small plate, it was on the bigger side of small. The crab cakes (2) were medium sized, not small, and with a flavor that was wonderfully delicate. It was great. I ate every bite, and then other small plate showed up.

It was braised scallops (4 of them) with spinach-laced gnocchi that was delicious. I managed to eat all the scallops but just couldn't make much of a dent in the gnoochi. The scallops were perfectly done, which means they were perfectly sweet and moist. I can't imagine them being better.

We split desert, a light, but large, helping of Caramel Creme Brulee. It was just right.

Service was also excellent. The server was there when we needed him and otherwise invisible. I liked that a lot. Another fine meal at the Patina Grill.

1  Thank Z06_Driver