“Used to be Great...”

Cuisines: American, Deli, Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Lets start by saying this is one of the better pizza places in richmond, However my experience there last friday night around 7pm was awfully disappointing. I ordered and xtra large cheese pizza with wings on the side. I got there and a woman was the cashier and she was not pleassant or accomodating. She was very short with certain customers and down right rude.When I asked her What isy our name her reply was why.. really you are in customer service at the front line and you cant give me your name. So i asked again and stood there till she said,Angela is my name, are you happy now. Wow, What kind of service is that. There is no need to go in detail about her behavior to CERTAIN customers. The pizza was dry and lacking the usual goodness . the crust was soggy. Not a good experience. That will be the last time i spend my hard earned money thereand I will spread the word about your pizza place and the ppl you employ there.

1  Thank kizzyc_13

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Been twice in the past month because the pizza was that memorable. Great place to grab a beer and pizza. They get busy on the weekends, but worth the wait!

1  Thank Jamie C
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I have a problem evaluating pizza places because I measure them all against Brooklyn pies. I rule out all deep dish (Chicago style) cheese casseroles and the chic Neapolitan wood-fired versions (sort of like Eurovision attempts at music). Having said that, the pizzas at Mary Angela's are ok, not astounding, but ok.
It has the added virtue of being in the middle of Carytown.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

We both ordered cheesesteaks and weren't very impressed. That being said we eat a lot of cheesesteaks and may have too high standards. Next time we will try the pizza because I hear that it's quite good. The service was good and our food came out timely. The radio station they had on was driving me nuts because they had it turned up and had a lot of static. I wanted to say..."Do you not hear that??" Also I recommend ladies that you bring a sweater it was wayyy to cold in there, they must love their AC

Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Had to check out this place based on Trip Advisor. Had family of five so expected some wait time-- but an hour was pushing it. They really don't have space for parties of more than 4. The ambiance is what you would expect from a pizza joint. The same with the menu-- standard fare. To save time, we ordered an extra large Brooklyn pie, half with sausage and eggplant. The crust was equal to past reviews and we all enjoyed the pizza. A little more than our regular pizza places but not overpriced. We would order again but definitely would consider take-out.