“Parking nightmare” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bottoms Up

Bottoms Up
Ranked #26 of 1,594 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Norton, Virginia
“Parking nightmare”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

I'm not from Richmond so maybe that is the problem, but at 1:30 pm on Friday we couldn't find a parking spot near the restaurant. We ended up parking on the street behind and I got a parking ticket even though I didn't see anything telling me I couldn't park where I parked. The service was attentive. The house side salad was nice and the house basil dressing is to be recommended. We also had a cheese bread appetizer (they call it something fancy) and it was very very good. You get to order your own pizza with different and off the wall toppings and sauces by the slice or pizza. We ordered a crab and pepperoni medium pizza to share. The slices are HUGE and so is the pizzas. We were both full after only one slice. The pizza wasn't as good as the rest of our meal- maybe because our choice in toppings or the sauce- I really couldn't tell. Also, it seemed pricey. A slice (which is enough food for a normal person) is $5 with just cheese. Each additional topping is $3. So a two topping slice is $11, which for me is high. The bathrooms were clean but smelled funky- like sewer- which was odd to me as well. Overall, I would go back, for the service and the cheese bread.

Visited February 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Superb Gluten-Free pizza!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Wow! GF pizza was delish! Not your typical frozen GF crust, but homemade goodness! My husband tried their original homemade crust pizza w/ mushrooms and really enjoyed it as well. Great wait staff and fun atmosphere!

“Great Pizza!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

Not a fan of the smell of the area it is in, but the pizza is good. I assume that is the river. I'm not sure if I could enjoy the patio when it is warmer out. However, our visit and our food was absolutely delicious. The Greek pizza was great. Next time I might ask for more sauce. The side salad was good too, worth the 2.75.The only thing I didn't understand was the decorations in the room we were in. Everything on the wall was an advertisement for the restaurant. We are already in the building, so why do we have these up? I would like the walls to have some decoration to give the place more character. Just a suggestion. Other than that, great experience! I will return.

• Visited February 2013
Midlothian, Virginia
“Good family experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

We have been here twice. The first time was with friends and the pizza was just OK. The restaurant was busy and the service was a bit slow. The second time we went the restaurant was less busy and the pizza was very good. I will give them the benefit of the doubt that the first visit was the anomaly.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“A little slice of heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

The pizza at Bottoms Up is absolutely heavenly. Unique flavors you can't get elsewhere. I particularly enjoy the thin crust, but it's ALL fantastic. Do yourself a favor and check it out. Just don't be in a big rush. These are fresh, artisan creations; not cookie cutter stuff, so allow time for their personalized creation.

Visited October 2012