“Great food & service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bottoms Up

Bottoms Up
Ranked #28 of 1,594 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Kids, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Harrisonburg, Virginia
“Great food & service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

Great food! You can truly order a slice and be full. Chicago style crust is my favorite and the Chesapeake pizza is the best!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Baker G

Midlothian, Virginia
“IT's TRUE BEST PIZZA in Richmond!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

I had heard from friends Bottoms Up is best PIZZA in Richmond and I thought how can that be true, pizza is pizza BUT now that we tried it I MUST agree, this is a CRUST above all the rest and can't wait to go back. We had the Greek Pizza FABULOUS

Visited January 2013
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Great food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

I had my first experience with Bottom's Up last night when my two teens and I had dinner there before a show. Being from Williamsburg, we don't get to Richmond too often but I have always heard about this place, and we were not disapointed! My daughter doesn't care for pizza and got the chicken sandwich and she loved it. We also all shared some of their mozzarella "tracks" which I thought would be fried cheese but were very yummy breadsticks covered with cheese and served with sauce on the side. Fortunately our server was extremely pleasant and helpful and explained to us that their portion sizes are large. One slice is MORE than enough for one person. My son and I both had pizza and it was delicious. The crust is thick, but is cooked perfectly and nice and crispy on the bottome, not wimpy at all. We will definitley make another trip back!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Richmond, Virginia
“Bottoms Up Does Not Serve Pizza...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

Not if you're thinking of NY Pizza, where the crust is thin, chewy and tasty with with a tangy tomato sauce. Nor if you're thinking of crispy, thick, Chicago Pizza (although it almost pains me to call Chicago style Pizza - but I don't want to be too ecumenical...).

What they do serve is giant wads of dough, with bland tomato soup type sauce and soft sort of melted cheese on top. Mostly a flavorless mess.

I put this place in the category of Richmond Institutions (Buz and Ned's, Edo's Squid, Kitchen64) that are mediocre at best, yet still seem to attract a cult following. Not worth the effort, or the time spent on-line, or the parking fiasco.

• Visited April 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Lewis_Inc, Owner at Bottoms Up, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
We at Bottom’s Up Pizza do not profess to offer any other style of pizza than the unique gourmet Virginia pizza that we have been proud to make for over 20 years. We have never characterized ourselves as New York or Chicago style, nor would we ever dare to describe ourselves as such.
While we recognize that people have varying tastes and preferences, your characterization of our product and the manner of style you declaim are both totally inappropriate and patently false.
For two decades, we have offered the same quality 12 hour crust, house made sauces, and fine cheeses that have consistently garnered the accolade of Richmond’s Best Pizza. We do indeed have a loyal guest base, though I would not deign to label our valued patrons as a cult. They are ever so much more to us than that.
Your representation of some of Richmond’s other fine restaurants demonstrates that perhaps you would be a more fitting patron of a more commercial pizza facility such as CiCi’s or Papa John’s, though we wouldn’t want to seem too ecumenical, now would we?
USA
“Thick Pizza”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

I am one of the few people I know who does not love Bottoms Up pizza. It is extremely thick and I prefer thin pizza. Someone recently told me they have a thin option, but I do not remember that being the case.