“Xmas dinner was excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Amici Ristorante

Amici Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Amici Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #129 of 1,602 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Freeman & West Cary Streets
Transit: GRTC transit stops two blocks west of Amici at the corner of Nansemond and West Cary Streets.
Description: For 25 years Amici has consistently kept a relaxed atmosphere, good service, and great food. Amici gives dining a touch of class above the rest and a lot more. We invite you to experience an ambiance of hospitality and comfort. Proprietor and Chef Carlo Gaione welcomes you to try our homemade pasta, as well as our other homemade dishes on our rotating menu and specials, from his home in Northern Italy!
virginia
“Xmas dinner was excellent”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We called the day of Christmas Eve and the host made room for us even though he initially stated they were sold out. Furthermore, we had a large party (7) and they sat us immediately upon our arrival. We were not rushed during our meal even though they were busy and needed the table for a later seating and our server was wonderful. Of course the food was absolutely fantastic and the wine list was robust as well. I have dined here dozens of times over the years and have always had a fantastic dining experience. A+++

Visited December 2012

Chesterfield, Virginia
“Awesome Scallops”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Nice little restaurant on Cary St, with some class. Had the calimari for an appetizer...it was okay. Had the caesar salad....it was okay. I had the grilled scallops for an entree, and it was off the charts. Cooked perfectly, and with just the right amount of a smokey taste. My wife had the pan fried grouper, and it was awesome as well. Had the appetizer been a little stronger, this would have been a 5 star easy.

• Visited January 2013
Richmond, Virginia
“Tasteful food, nice atmosphere - if you want to overpay”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Based on the price, I normally would have labelled this place a "special occasion" restaurant, but ended up going for no reason with a Living Social deal. I'm glad I tried it, but being new in town with so many other great places to try, I probably won't go back anytime soon. Nothing was bad - everything we ate was delicious, and the service was great, it was just way overpriced, and I wouldn't call it out-of-this-world amazing.

Since we had a Living Social, we were able to order drinks, an app, dinner, and dessert. I was disappointed in depth and variety of the wine selection, but happy with my choice. I chose a glass of pinot grigio, and my boyfriend had one of the reds (not sure which, but it was one of the lesser expensive ones!). I wanted to try one of their martinis, but opted for the wine instead.

We very much enjoyed the bread selection. Three types, and served with a bean dip, rather than your typical butter or olive oil. Very delicious.

For the appetizer, we chose something a little different - acorn squash panacotta. I thought all the appetizers were pretty creative. The dish was sweet like a dessert, but not too sweet, as it was balanced out by the squash flavor. It was good, just a strange concept, and I'm still not sure that I really liked it. But glad to have tried it!

For dinner we ordered fettuccini, and ravioli. Both were fresh - and excellent! The rosemary fettucini with pancetta had a great flavor, and the ravioli sauce was creamy yet delicate. But at over $16 a dish, I expected a salad, or some veggies to be paired along with it, or at least Olive Garden sized portions! Nope. Just the pasta. Delicious, but a little angry about the cost.

We ordered dessert to go - a slice of Irish creme cheesecake. I was surprised that the Irish creme was the current flavor, because I know it was the flavor in the beginning of September as well. (Stopped in to see the dessert menu once but decided to move on elsewhere.) Overall a good cheesecake, but obviously store bought.

If you're willing to pay the price - definitely try it out! But if you want a more reasonably priced meal for the same quality, look elsewhere.

• Visited November 2012
“Place to Go”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Great food and friendly service, Amici's is the place to go in Carytown. The Northern Italian cuisine is tasty and superb. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who asks about a restaurant to go to in Richmond

• Visited December 2012
“An Italian Experience”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Wow! We spent a bundle but it was worth every penny. All four of us thought our meals were great. I had the red snapper which was quite incredible. And how about cauliflower pana cotta? Ordered it because I couldn't imagine what it would taste like. It was a delightful surprise.

It doesn't have to be good just because it's on Cary St. But, this restaurant lived up to its location!

The waitstaff was wonderful. All dressed in black, which is a touch I appreciate. The decor was not at all over-done, the tables crisp black and white. Everything came quickly. We WILL be back!

• Visited November 2012