“Good Pizza, Make Sure You Time Your Order”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Flames 231 - CLOSED

Flames 231
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Richmond, Virginia, United States
“Good Pizza, Make Sure You Time Your Order”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

We went there for dinner the other week, our first visit. The food wasn't bad but the entire experience was lacking. I'll give you some tips so hopefully you will have a better time if you choose to try it.

Tip - Thursday is 1/2 wine on selected bottles. We had the Nero Nero for $19. Nice wine.
Tip- check your bill on 1/2 wine night. We were credited $16 when it should've been $19 and we had to ask for it to be rerun.
Tip- don't order a martini. My Cosmo was too sweet and too pink. DH's Bombay Sapphire was ok, Sette makes them better if you want pizza and cocktails.
Tip- if you are ordering an appetizer and a pizza, wait to order the pizza. We ordered the wine and the app and when our waitress came back with the wine, we ordered pizza. Bad call. Our pizza came out first and we had to ask about our appetizer.

Pizza with anchovies was terrific. Crisp crust and nicely fishy. We had the hummus too, as it happened, to finish the meal. It did not come with anything other than pizza bread to use with it and I have been trained by RVA restaurants to expect a mix of vegetables and feta. The hummus was too thin for what I like and the lack of veggies was disappointing. If I ever go back, I won't order this again.

All in all, I liked the pizza and the different combinations offered. If I ever go again it would be just for a bottle of wine and pizza on a Thursday. It just isn't enough to make me go that far off The Hill

• Visited February 2013