“The best in Richmond”

Caribbean Pot
Ranked #670 of 1,719 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Jamaican
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We went to this restaurant thinking it was like the rest in Richmond. To our surprise it wasn't. The food and the service was great. They are from Trinidad and Jamaica.
They actually had the food you ordered. We had Ackee and cod fish, baked red snapper with brown sauce, rice beans, cabbage. It was so good we went back the next week with friends. We had Oxtails and more Ackee and cod fish. They have a great Jamaican Rum. You only need one:)

Reviewed April 10, 2013

At the time I went to this restaurant, my favorite Jamaican restaurant was temporarily closed. They offered a great coupon, so I gave it a try. It is located on Midlothian in front of the old Kmart - attached to a check cashing business. When we first walked in, it was painted vibrantly. The bar looked nice also. It had a smell not really of food, but more like inscence.
We'd tried and appetizer (conch) and the main dinner for me was jerk chicken. The conch was very rubbery. The jerk chicken was just kind of okay at best. It was a little to the dry side & the veggies (cabbage mix) wasn't seasoned enough for my taste. It was unimpressive overall and I wouldn't return. I'm glad that I was able to try it with a coupon because it would have been much worse if I would have had to pay full price for this.

1  Thank sherryva
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We went there on Saturday afternoon for lunch. They have excellent ackee & cod fish, oxtails, rice & beans. It taste so good we went back the next week for dinner with another couple. And they loves it too. The owners are very friendly. They also have an excellent rum punch. They have music at night. You must go here!