“Great neighorhood restaurant”

Anthony's on the Hill
Ranked #150 of 1,719 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed April 21, 2014

The owner and staff are very friendly. Food is great and consistent and the servers are attentive to diners' needs. Great for dining in or ordering for delivery or pick-up.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is on the short list of "must try", "regular hang-out" and "Best Pizza" in Richmond, VA and that's saying quite a lot. Michael and Frank and the rest of the gang will make you feel like you are right at home and the food will make you feel like you are at a gourmet pizza shop. We did a make your own pizza with white sauce & arugula. It came out looking like a work of art and tasted even better! The dough is hand made and was baked to perfection, easily best pizza dough I've ever had. And try the chocolate ice cream with peanut butter and all-natural root beer float for desert, it's outstanding! I'll be back again and again. Cheers!

Reviewed May 14, 2013

We are so lucky this is within walking distance in our Church Hill neighborhood. The food is delicious and what we remark every time is about the freshness. They have fabulous salads-a must for us. We love to get their meatball appetizer, salad, and pizza to share. Top-notch service. We are ALWAYS greeted by and followed up on the meal by the owner/chef. The atmosphere is low key, but don't let it put you off, the food is exceptional.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I had the Chicken Saltimbocca and my wife had the Eggplant Parmesan, both were FABULOUS! For an appetizer we had the fried mozzarella.....best ever. We will definitely be visiting again, very very soon.

Do yourself a favor and try this place!

Reviewed March 7, 2013

We went for dinner last night since the snow storm that wasn't kept me from wanting to make dinner. Our server mentioned the Wednesday Date Night special, split a salad, a pizza, a bottle of wine and dessert all for less than $40.

We split the Caesar that I devoured! Really good. Then the Greek pizza that was an excellent example of the type. The crust was delicious. Last we split the Salted Caramel ice cream, which meant that I ate almost all of it.

The place is small and I've gone by on the weekends and seen it packed. The trick might be to try on a weeknight - as long as you save my table on Wednesday nights.