“very, very enjoyable!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Special occasions
Little Rock, Arkansas
“very, very enjoyable!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

Told by a friend to check out this place in the Church Hill Neighborhood -- not a usual destination, but a neighborhood in transition. I loved this place -- great service, fantastic ingredients and flavors, and creative work by the chef. The egg appetizer was so good, we went back two nights later to have another. Fish one night and pork the second. Excellent bar tender who made suggestions about Rye choices. Desserts wonderful as well. If you like a bistro style place with fantastic food, this is the spot.

• Visited January 2014

New York City, New York
“Wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant was recommended by a local and it did not disappoint. I enjoyed an amazing salmon and blini small plate, a dish called "the perfect egg" (perfect, of course), and a cheese plate. Everything we had was great. Staff was extremely knowledgeable about all the things on the menu. They clearly had it all together, and warranted the restaurant being completely full in the early evening. We were super-lucky to have gone early and snagged an unreserved table (we did not realize they did take reservations).

Visited January 2014
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Delibrate in Service and Timing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

This was our first time at Dutch & Company. D&C took a reservation over the phone for two. I was told they could "fit me in" but the restaurant was virtually empty the evening we went. The server was polite yet highly focused on serving us her way within a process. There was a slight hint of culinary snob in the air. The plates were very clean and visually stimulating. The flounder dish was cooked perfectly but was bland. Wine selection is good and simple - good enough to have fun picking one yourself. Full from our meal we skipped desert. Portions were just right. In terms of value, you pay for the environment and the pace at which you can enjoy a conversation and the person or people you're with. This is what makes Dutch & Company special.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Very Creative”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

I've been to Dutch & Co. several times and have always been impressed with their creative cuisine and excellent service. The staff is clearly trained to know the menu and the wine list, and their enthusiasm for their work is reflected in the service. The "Perfect Egg" is both whimsical and delicious, and the $28 Prix Fixe is probably the best restaurant value in Richmond. I can't say I've ever had anything out of their kitchen I didn't think was delicious. It is fine food in a very casual atmosphere.

Visited November 2013
Richmond, Virginia
“Best restaurant in Richmond, hands down!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

Really, this is the best restaurant in Richmond this year, perhaps for a long time. I've dined here several times and each time has been stellar. Their prix fix option is fantastic. Three courses for I think $35? It was a Monday night this time and their special small plates were priced at only $5. Yes, you heard me, $5! I added an extra small plate for our table of salmon tartar w/ falafel and it was delicious! The burrata cheese w/ prosciutto was very good too. Of course, we also had the perfect egg which was well... perfect, and I've had it twice. It is a beautiful appetizer. We had the rockfish and skirt steak and both were excellent. Dessert was the waffle w/ ice cream and it's to die for. Three courses were perfectly portioned and beautifully plated, we left very full and extremely happy. Service was darn near perfect, actually it was perfect..nothing was overlooked and our courses were not rushed at all, which I liked a lot. We were greeted promptly at the door, taken to the bar first (we had no reservation) and served two delicious cocktalls... the basil/grapefruit one was amazing. This restaurant is serving food that is beyond most of RVA. I certainly appreciate it and from the looks of business, it appears that many others do too. This is the restaurant that showcases what RVA can do, love it.

• Visited October 2013