“Always, Always, Good”

Mexico Restaurant
Ranked #550 of 1,644 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed October 23, 2013

This wasn't first time to eat here. I try to go each time I'm in town. The menu was different this time, but the food was just as good and all the favorites were still there. Good fresh authentic food, served quickly and hot by an efficient and friendly staff. No problems- which is why I always come back.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

After leaving a competetor that could not seat our table of 12 without a 2 hour wait, we were pleasantly surprised that we had a 15 min wait here and they seated us timely considering it was a Saturday night. The plates of food were generous as well as delicious! We were very happy with our food and in particular the tres agaves margaritas they served! Recommended for sure!

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Great tortilla chips and salsa. Once I took a bite of the tortilla chips combined with the aroma of grilling in the kitchen, I knew this was a good Mexican restaurant. It's always the little things in restaurants that separate the good from the great. For instance napkins, don't you hate real thin napkins that seem to fall apart quickly as opposed to a better napkin that lasts longer. Also can't you tell a good cut of beef from a fatty cheap cut of beef. Great restaurants always list the size of the steak in a steak dinner , like say maybe 10 oz steak or 12 oz. I hate having to ask how many ounces is the steak in the steak dinner. In Mexican restaurants you can get cheap tortilla chips that taste like cornflakes and less flavor or a higher grade tortilla chip that is filled with flavor. Everything about Mexico restaurant was a cut above.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

I'm a little bit of a food snob when it comes to Mexican food, which is why I couldn't give this place five stars. It certainly was good, and it was a team favorite (I was traveling to Richmond weekly on business for about 8 months and this was on the regular routine schedule at least once a week, sometimes twice). But having had more than my fair share of Mexican food, it didn't blow my mind, but ccertainly met expectations.