“Great Indian Food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Taste of India

Taste of India
Ranked #212 of 1,594 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Experience the best Indian dining in the Richmond area at Taste of India where we create authentic dishes infused with fresh spices and the flavor of old India. Lovers of Indian food will appreciate the effort and passion we put into each entree while we work tirelessly to offer uncompromising quality and dedication to customer service. The warm and inviting atmosphere is one you'll recognize as soon as you walk through the door. Our Tandoori Oven Chef Specialties are always a hit, with favorites like Tandoori Chicken, Boti Kebab, or Malai Tikka. Our meats, seafood, poultry and vegetables are marinated in yogurt, herbs and a special combination of delectable and aromatic spices for 24 hours. The pieces are skewered and baked to perfection, yielding a unique savory charcoal flavor infused into the food and resulting in extreme tenderness. You and your guests will be sure to leave satisfied. Taste of India also has plenty of appetizers and breads to share, as well as chicken, lamb, and Halal items that will make your mouth water for more. Join us at Taste of India for weekly dinner specials, a lunch buffet, and a Wednesday night buffet. We have a large number of vegetarian menu items as well. Whatever the occasion, make it one to remember with the authentic flavors at Taste of India.
Batesburg, South Carolina
“Great Indian Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2011

I really enjoyed the food, atmosphere and the service. The outside doesn't look all that great but some of the best Indian food that I've had.

• Visited November 2011

“Great Indian Restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2011

I have eaten several times at the Ruchee Indian Restaurant with my family and spouse and have been extremely satisfied with the delicious food and great personal service. Even though the location is not easily seen from Midlothian Turnpike it is a very central location. Usually whenever there is a buffet offered at Indian Restaurants the food tends to dry out and loose its taste but not at Ruchee. I have eaten their buffet during a quick meal and boy it was just as good as any of the times I have been there and ordered directly from the menu and had the items made to order. The drinks are great as well, my daughter enjoys the sweet lassi and I enjoy the great Indian beers that go great with the powerful flavor of Indian food. I love the Garlic Naan but I have tried all of their breads and they are all very good, soft and fresh every time. Lastly the couple that are usually the ones that have been there each time I have went go out of there way to be there and assist without intruding on any conversations or disturbing the meal. That shows they are wanting to take care of your needs but discreetly checking. Keep up the Good Job and Keep the Quality of the Food and I will always be coming back for more!!!

• Visited September 2011
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2011

We reached around the closing time and were probably the last customers for the day. This place was awesome. The ambience, the food and the service were great. We had a great time.

• Visited September 2011
Newbury Park, California
“Yummy...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2011

So we bought a Groupon Coupon for this restaurant to try something new and when we got there my husband said. " I have been here before when we first moved here 2 years ago and it was aweful.." Not what I wanted to hear. So I said maybe it new owner and that why they did Groupon.. We went in. The custoner service was so nice the FOOD... YUMMY.. was excellent.. I had Chicken Korma but they call it something different.. My son had Butter Chicken and my husband had kadi chicken. Wonderful flavors. The appitizer were very good as well.. Chai was a little weak but over all , Great dinner. and we will definately go back.

• Visited August 2011
Richmond, Virginia
“Excellent Indian Night Out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2010

We, a party of four, have had an excellent dinner at Ruchee. Having lived in New Delhi for some years, we try from time to time to find some real tasting Indian food - most of the time unsuccessfully.
Yesterday was different: We started our North Indian dinner with some kabobs and pakoras and naan to then have various curries with a variety of vegetables. It was all outstanding! Absolutely authentic! Ruchee Restaurant would even be on top of the restaurant list in New Delhi.
The service was very professional and friendly.
As the chef is from Southern India we will definitely come back to test his South Indian dishes.