“One of the best BBQ joints in the West End”
Review of Q Barbeque

Q Barbeque
Ranked #256 of 1,730 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

It was two years since I ate at Q BBQ and it was their Midlothian location and remembered the ribs were good but the collards were so so. Flash forward to this location which just opened recently across Broad St. near Short Pump mall and it was a terrific visit. The ribs were heavenly, fall off the bone and meaty. Unfortunately, I had to attend a Civil War lecture at Hanover Tavern so had to wolf down my food but the collards were great this time with hamhocks and thought they were better than Buzz and Neds and about $10 less. Next time I stay in Short Pump, I wil definitely eat at this BBQ joint! These ribs are awesome.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

My wife and I visited this establishment on 04/29/2014. This was our first visit and "West" made us feel welcomed as he educated us on the menu. We ordered pork sandwiches with a side of slaw, beans and the "pineapple hot dish". I don't have barbeque very often. However, the last time I had barbeque this good it required travel to Pierce's in the Williamsburg, VA area. I plan on returning to try everything on the menu. Unfortunately, my wife and I did not care for the "pineapple hot dish"; that's no problem because they serve "pie".

Reviewed April 19, 2014

If you have children do not go here they do not want your business it is very uncomfortable for the whole family

Reviewed March 22, 2014

I am an avid fan of the BBQ Pitmaster series. I value Tuffy Stone's judging on the show. The brisket and chicken were tender on my visit to Q BBQ in Glen Allen yesterday, but the flavor was much less than expected. I tasted my husband's ribs (he got the 3 meat combo) and they were tender and flavorful. Tuffy, get more smoke in those cookers. I know there is a delicate balance, too much smoke can make the entire batch if BBQ bad, but I need at least some smoke without having to put sauce on.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Decent beer selection. Better selection of side dishes. Very good selection of entrees. Fast service.

Been to Q Barbeque? Share your experiences!