“Home-Style Restaurant in Quaint Neighborhood”

The Mill on MacArthur
Ranked #137 of 1,606 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pizza, International, Contemporary, Pub, Healthy
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Mechanicsville
“Home-Style Restaurant in Quaint Neighborhood”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Mill on MacArthur is located in the Historic Bellevue district of Northside Richmond. The ambiance is open and airy with a family-friendly atmosphere. Upon being seated, the wait staff brings to the table an old-fashioned bottle filled with water - you can fill your glass as you wish. The fare is home-style food - the menu includes, lunch, dinner, a happy hour and touts specials in each category. We dined on homemade chips, subs (pulled pork slow roasted with home-made BBQ sauce, cheddar & caramelized onions – mouth-watering!) and Philly cheese steak with onions, peppers & melted cheese – scrumptious!) - portions are generous for the price - and one can enjoy the quaint surroundings.

• Visited April 2013

Richmond, Virginia
“Good happy hour, decent food”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

They had some good beers to choose from and 3-6 happy hour. I had the artichoke po boy and it was alright, I wasn't dazzled. The fries were a little disappointing, I think i got the bottom of the bag batch. My boyfriend wasn't happy with his cheese steak. He couldn't tell me why exactly because he;s not a cook but he does know a good cheese steak. He said all he could figure was they used cheap ingredients for that particular sandwich. I don't know that I'll be running back here to eat but I'm sure I'll give it another try at some point. My friends frequent this place, the service was excellent and I like it's atmosphere and location.

• Visited March 2013
“Rainy night warmth”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

It was a rainy, unseasonably cold night, and I had just finished a long drive that ended in a 30-minute backup for bridge repair. Just to add to my mood, I was spending my wedding anniversary away from my spouse. So, I was in need not only of good food, but of something to lift my spirits. The folks at The Mill came through. My waiter was alert, courteous, and informative. The cozy feel and interesting decor kept this solo diner content during the short waits between courses. It was St. Patrick's Day, so lamb stew was on the menu, and it was plentiful and delicious, with ample chunks of tender meat--as good as I've had in Ireland. I noticed that each day has different menu items on special (Sunday is burger day, Monday is for vegetarians and vegans), but the regular menu has good variety and interest. My only regret is that The Mill is not in my hometown--and that my spouse couldn't share in the evening.

• Visited March 2013
Richmond, Virginia
“Great Neighborhood Restaurant”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stopped in about noon on a Saturday and ordered an egg dish and a bowl of sweet potato and fennel minestrone from the varied menu. Both were great, as was the friendly service. The place is small and a few people were waiting for tables. There's a bar and a nice selection of wine and beer. Good eats and friendly service - what more could you ask for? Oh yeah, low prices, Well, The Mill on MacArthur's got it all. We'll definitely be returning to this little Bellevue gem!

• Visited January 2013
“Went there for happy hour”
Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

We went there for happy hour. They have a very good selection of beers and wines, and an extensive menu for food. Everybody had a really good time, and it was crowded on a Thursday night.