“Consistently Good Food and Service”

LongHorn Steakhouse
Ranked #210 of 1,603 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Rockwall, Texas
“Consistently Good Food and Service”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Great food and service. Consistently good and well managed. Some staff are further along in the process of helping customers with things whether it's "their table" or not. The food is good and the service is fine, except several staff don't understand the team concept...

• Visited May 2013

Alexandria VA
“This place was great. Rocked it w/ food, service, & staff personality.”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

This was the 3rd restaurant I tried on Saturday, Apr 26 after having had bad experiences at Olive Garden and Red Lobster down the street. Started at Olive Garden, where no dinner came out after sitting there for an hour. Finally had to leave. Tried Red Lobster, and they started waiting on another table that came in after ours while we were still waiting for water, so left without ordering.

Finally picked the right spot and should have come here from the get go. Service was super all around. Very attentive. The hostess was super nice and friendly. Said I reminded her of her Organic Chemistry teacher. Had checked w/ her prior to going to Red Lobster. Did have to wait about 15 mins for a table, but was worth the wait.

Devin was an awesome waiter. Very friendly, outoing, and personable. And more importantly, took care of business. Brought out the bread promptly. Kept the waters filled. Gave us updates on the order. And all around did a great job. Especially after the disaster at the first 2 restaurants.

The food was great. Got Filet and Lobster tail. Didn't really want salad after Olive Garden and Devin let us know we could choose 2 sides instead.

Overall, this place rocked. Food, service, attitude, personality, and environment were great. Would definitely recommend and would come again gladly.

• Visited April 2013
Elizabeth City
“Great Eats”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Great service, very friendly and the food is excellent! Try the prime rib as an entree. There appetizers are all good and I like the bar atmoshere.

Visited March 2013
Houston, Texas
“Miserable management and service”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Almost a complete disaster, attributable to poor management. The wait was about an hour, which was similar to the wait next door at the Red Lobster. We assumed this was because it was popular because it was good. The very young hostess was flustered because she did not have a buzzer to give us and was completely surprised at the thought of simply taking our name and calling us when the table was ready. So we had to stand in the way to wait with four other parties around the hostess stand for 10 minutes until she was able to resolve this small crisis. When we finally sat down, we were stunned to see many dirty tables waiting to be cleaned and remain so for a long time, though the number of people waiting was still considerable. Bus staff were limited and were cleaning tables without trays, basins, or carts to carry dirty dishes, and no wait staff or managers appeared interested in helping resolve this issue. Our waiter was friendly, and also very young. When our food came, it was good, and the Valentine’s special for two people was priced well for two people. The deserts listed with the special were unavailable, and we were offered another choice at no extra charge – an enormous brownie explosion sort of thing which four of us could not finish. The bill incorrectly charged us for a meal we hadn’t ordered. When we pointed that out to our waiter, he took it away for a long time to fix it, but then included a second mistake, charging us for a side dish we hadn’t ordered. This restaurant has great potential, but needs some management and training so that service matches the food.

• Visited February 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Dinner at Longhorn Steakhouse”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Food: I ordered the Parmesan Crusted Chicken and it was extremely delicious! The portion was larger than I like but I cleaned my plate. I ordered the mashed potatoes and fresh seasonal vegetables as my side items. The veggies where al dente; not over cooked but firm. The mash potatoes were a small helping but the chick breast was very large. I also had the sweet tea with lemon and it was sweet enough that even after the ice melted it tasted good.

Server: The server was very attentive and came back to check up on me as I gobbled down the food. She refilled my tea before I finished it. Some servers will leave you high and dry begging for some drink before refilling.
Wait Time: There wasn’t a wait time. I was there around 5pm and was seated immediately. My food arrived in short order after about a 10 minute wait or so.

Restaurant Area: The restaurant was clean and the bathroom was in good shape; I went to wash my hands before eating. There is a bar but for the most part it was a quite environment.

Visited March 2013