“Tons of flavor!”

Toast
Ranked #77 of 1,729 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Toast, New American Gastropub, is the first restaurant venture from Jessica Fulbright Bufford and Josh Bufford. Opening its doors in August of 2012, Toast has quickly become a neighborhood hotspot, as well as a Richmond dining destination. Boasting Richmond's first wine-on-tap with 8 different varietals available on tap everyday and 17 beers on tap, not only is Toast a dining destination, but a perfect after-work meeting place. Serving cuisine inspired by southern classics with a twist, Toast's large menu offers a wide variety and selection. We accept reservations for parties of 6 or more and look forward to hosting your next night out! Don't forget our kitchen is open late every night serving the full menu until 11pm Sunday-Thursday and Midnight on Friday and Saturday! We look forward to serving you!
Reviewed June 17, 2014

If there's one thing I didn't miss on my visit to Toast it was a variety of flavors. Everything from the meat to the sauces was seasoned incredibly well. The Mexi burger was cooked to order and piled high with cotija cheese, jalapeno slaw, and guacamole, and topped off with a pico de gallo that added that perfect pop of freshness. I paid the extra $1.50 for parmesan truffle fries... didn't regret it. The house-made ketchup was a perfect accompaniment, and any place that takes the time to put some love in the small stuff makes me happy. I also got to taste the sweet potato tots, and thoroughly enjoyed them. That's saying something coming from a girl who has never found a sweet potato fry she'd pay money for. The only thing that didn't quite hit the mark for me was the dessert. The orange blueberry cheesecake was tasty and had a nice zing, but it lacked that spark that makes for a perfect finish. I snagged a bite of the grilled pound cake, as well, and also found that dish struggling to keep up with the loveliness of the meal. All in all, it's a nice, comfortable spot with plenty of interesting choices and some amazing flavors. I'm anxious to head back and try out the dinner menu!

Reviewed May 14, 2014

Visited in the late afternoon for a cocktail and appetizer. Great wine suggestion by bartender and I love the sweet potato tots!

Reviewed May 6, 2014

I really enjoyed this restaurant. Maybe I was hungrier than my friends, but my Mexi-Burger and sweet potato "tots" were gone long before anyone else finished their meal. And I had three glasses of lemonade for the price of one. I will have to go back and try the other entrees and adult beverages.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

This was my second visit to Toast. Both visits have been for brunch/lunch. Both times I have had truly delicious meals with generous portions. The first time I had a mushroom-spinach omelette which was very large and very good. The second visit was even more pleasing. I have never tasted roasted lettuce before. It was delicious as the bottom layer of my salmon salad. The croutons were tasty and crunchy. The fresh grape tomatoes were cut in two which I appreciate. My friend ordered a yummy vegetable salad. Another's panini sandwich came with sweet potato tots, which were crispy and delicious. We shared them and didn't leave one on the plate. The menu is so varied that there is something to please every palate. This one of our favorite places to eat when we visit our friend in Richmond.
Very friendly wait staff but not that too chatty type. Also I like booths for the privacy they provide.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

This restaurant was recommended by friends and is close to University of Richmond. The service was excellent and they had and extensive variety of craft beers. I would recommend for local gatherings of friends for food and drinks after events.

Been to Toast? Share your experiences!