“Fun Donuts”

Add it.
Dixie Donuts
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 30, 2013

This is not Dunkin Donuts....which is a good thing. The donuts themselves are very good. Dense cake donuts, as opposed to the light airy crap you get everywhere else. But the thing that really puts these over the top is the decorating and flavoring they do. Very creative, and very tasty. My favorites were the lemon-lime and the strawberry shortcake. But all of them we sampled in our dozen were good. A little pricey, but you can tell there is a little bit of work that goes into each donut so I was okay with paying more.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I've heard doughnuts are the new cupcake. That may or may not be true, but I do know that Dixie Donuts does everything right. Their flavors are fun and unique, with the standards that kids (and adults) would expect from a doughnut shop. The maple coffee and french toast are my two favorites, but you really can't go wrong with any of the choices. You can often get day-olds (that still taste fantastic) if you want to try a new flavor. The people in there are always so friendly, and I love stopping in on a weekend morning and then grabbing a latte across the street at Capital Coffee.