Review Highlights

Reviewed September 6, 2017
Ishmael_7
New Bedford, MA
Christmas Tacky Light Tour

Three hour tour with my mom, sister, and niece and we had a blast! I wasn’t sure what to expect but... read more

Reviewed December 9, 2018
Mkateo1
via mobile

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 19, 2018

So very disappointed! I have been on many different sight seeing tours in many different cities. This is by far the worst ever. Where to start?
First, we where on a trolly that had air conditioning but it hardly worked. Then the trolly broke down within a few min into the tour. They brought a new trolly, this one had NO air andit was 98 degrees!
Next, I am from the Richmond area and this tour did an awful job of taking you to See what this city has to offer. Had I been from out of town, I would never want to come back! The guy narrating the tour would just go on and on about things that we where not even seeing or around and not give info on wonderful historical landmarks we where passing.
We had a party of 4 that cost me $140 to do this and it was the worst money ever spent.

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed September 7, 2017

Don't waste your money on this tour. We only got to half of the listed sites and it still ran over two hours. The driver/guide rambled a lot - could have been much more succinct in his comments about the various sites we did see. He also made a lot of references to other local areas/roads that someone from elsewhere won't have a clue about. Fortunately, parking across from Main Street Station (alternate pickup point) was only $2.00 for 3 hours, and there were plenty of spaces available.

Date of experience: September 2017
1  Thank Virginia A
Reviewed September 6, 2017

I concur with much of what Two Hours Wasted (7/7/17) said. Sound sytem terrible given engine noise. The trolley engine is very noisy. A/C not terribly effective. I think I enjoyed the tour a bit more than Two Hours Wasted did, but $20-25 would have been more reasonable than $35. My biggest complaint - windows had not been washed. Richmond is a visual treat. The buildings, the murals, the storefronts, the trees, . . . Richmond demands to be seen through clear windows. No excuse for dirty windows on a tour bus of this kind. I'd prefer to have no windows at all, but if I must view the city through windows, they need to be clean. I don't regret going on the tour, but it can be improved.

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed July 11, 2017

A brilliant tour today that told us the history of this lovely city. Steve the guide was amazing. Thank yoh

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed July 7, 2017

We were so looking forward to the tour, as we have done well with trolley tours in other areas. Our guide was E L Butterworth. One would think with history as rich as Richmond has, that there would be so much to be said. Instead, we heard very little history and way too many anecdotes, especially about the sale prices of houses in Church Hill. The sound system was so bad, we could barely hear over the engine noise, so within 30 minutes of our 2-hour confinement, the 22 people on the bus began talking among themselves and essentially ignoring the guide. It was a very hot day, as well. The A/C began struggling after about an hour, so the last hour was spent being bored, hot, and uncomfortable on seats that were too small for the average adult, and I'm a small person. Don't waste your money on this one. We paid $35 each and our time would have been better spent at a museum.

Date of experience: July 2017