“New Year's Eve Tour”

Add it.
Richmond Trolley Company
Ranked #20 of 28 Tours in Richmond
Reviewed January 5, 2014

My husband and I took this company's "Tacky Holiday Lights Tour" and enjoyed it very much. Our interest was piqued by the advert that Richmond is the second tackiest city in the country for holiday lights. We are originally from Brooklyn, NY (google Dyker Heights holiday lights), perhaps the tackiest city, so we were very interested in taking this tour. The trolley was on time, heated, and very comfortable. Also nicely decorated for the holidays. There was a group of six young people, another couple, and perhaps some members of the driver's family in attendance. The lights we viewed were all very festive, a few of the homes (most notably the Pfifer house) were spectacular. The tour ran a bit over time and we did take the Expressway back but at no time did I feel unsafe with the driver. She went above and beyond in driving us back to the Jefferson where we were spending the evening. All of the employees were very courteous. This was a fun tour and a nice way to ring in 2014. Recommended.

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"virginia"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed October 14, 2013

It had been pouring rain for 2 days and was down to a drizzle when we arrived for the 11:00 am tour. No one else came; off we went on our private trolley. The 90-minute tour drives past multiple points of interests and history for the casual tourist. The guide was knowledgeable and lived/worked in Richmond all his adult life. It is a good orientation tour for those with a challenged sense of balance. For the more adventurous, there is River City Segs in the same beautifully converted old firehouse. The Segways were in pristine condition. They have a small obstacle course for the 45-minute mandatory training session. Enjoying the tour is important, but safety is tantamount to them. In depth tours to multiple destinations are offered. Richmond Trolley is located downtown with a convenient $5 parking lot right across the street.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We took the Grim tales and Ghost tour Friday night. We had a great tour. The host was very knowledgeable of the area and told great stories about the buildings you drive by all the time and don't have a clue about their significance. The great part is being able to look out and see the buildings without worrying about traffic. Naturally, folks have a little more patience for a tour trolley so they get in a fuss when stops are made. I learned so much about our city and I have lived here over 40 years!

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Two companies with similar names. Don't make our mistake and book with the Richmond Trolley Company (Grace St.) if RVA (Cary St.) is full. Awful tour with Richmond Trolley Co.! On a 90 degree day I called and was assured that they had AC. Had it, but it did not work. Since the driver had TWO fans permanently mounted and aimed at her...not blowing at all on the customers... I'm guessing it has not worked for a while. The windows did not open so we drove around in a tin can in the sun with sweat pouring down our faces. Tour was OK if we had not been extremely uncomfortable, but not memorable in a good way. "Cushioned seats" means a 1/2" pad on wooden benches. Of most concern to me was that the driver took us on the expressway (on wooden bench seats with no seatbelts). If I had been the parent of one of the children, I would have been pitching a fit and calling a cab.

5  Thank Penny0988