Review Highlights
Enjoyable but some issues

I concur with much of what Two Hours Wasted (7/7/17) said. Sound sytem terrible given engine noise... read more

Reviewed September 6, 2017
Ishmael_7
New Bedford, MA
2 hour tour

You won't be stranded on this tour. Guide former History teacher. Great overview of what to see of... read more

Reviewed July 9, 2018
Traveler61111
Jackson, Tennessee
via mobile

All reviews hour tour guide information visitors virginia
Reviewed July 12, 2013

The tour was ok, possibly a little too long for my daughter to sit through (She's under 6). The tour was informative and we saw many different spots within Richmond but I would have liked more opportunities to have been able to stop and take pictures. Overall a nice start to kick off being a tourist. within the city.

Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

The tour was worth it. Great tour of Richmond! Great history! The tour guide was newer but seemed to know enough.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

We have lived in Richmond for 13 years now and Saturday was the first time we took this tour. Our guide was personable and knowledgeable. She had done quite a bit of research on her own, and she added those learned tidbits to our tour. She has inspired us to get out and explore and learn more about the city and it's history. This is a great tour to introduce your out of town guest to Richmond. The tour was about 2 hours. In that time we went from one end of Richmond to the other. We had used a groupon coupon for our fare. But I have to say, even without a coupon the fare will be worth the experience.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

I've been living in Richmond 20 + years and learned more in one afternoon about its history than I knew prior to this entertaining and interesting tour. Bring a pillow to sit on as the wooden bench seats are hard. I paid only $22.00 for 2 of us with a groupon coupon. It was so worth that and more. I will definitely be taking this tour with my out of town visitors this summer and hope we have the same tour guide, Brenda. She made the tour great fun!!! Watch for special prices.

1  Thank cityncountry
Reviewed April 23, 2013

HORRIBLE customer service. Booked a tour for my family to take on my graduation day almost 2 months in advance. Their online system stated that we had booked the first 5 out of 28 seats available. Received an e-mail 3 weeks before the reservation date stating "I see that you have scheduled a Historic Tour for 3pm on 5/11. That time is currently unavailable." With graduation occurring in the morning, there was no way to reschedule my tour -- nor should I have to -- for an earlier time being that my family already has reservations at a restaurant with a CC guarantee. I then received an e-mail stating "I was working on trying to get your group on the 3pm tour.", funny thing was they contacted another person in my party (different last name) and tried to bump them. Don't use this company if you are planning a special occasion, as they will mess up your plans. As a result, I contacted the company whom purchased I purchased the deal from, who without hesitation refunded ALL of my money as this company FAILED to honor their terms and conditions. May I suggest a new business model based on accountability? Save your time, and perhaps there will be another company in Richmond providing historic tours with an accountable business model.

2  Thank LL41267