“Do NOT use Richmond Trolley Co. Look for RVA Trolley Company.” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 24 Tours in Richmond
Virginia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Do NOT use Richmond Trolley Co. Look for RVA Trolley Company.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

Two companies with similar names. Don't make our mistake and book with the Richmond Trolley Company (Grace St.) if RVA (Cary St.) is full. Awful tour with Richmond Trolley Co.! On a 90 degree day I called and was assured that they had AC. Had it, but it did not work. Since the driver had TWO fans permanently mounted and aimed at her...not blowing at all on the customers... I'm guessing it has not worked for a while. The windows did not open so we drove around in a tin can in the sun with sweat pouring down our faces. Tour was OK if we had not been extremely uncomfortable, but not memorable in a good way. "Cushioned seats" means a 1/2" pad on wooden benches. Of most concern to me was that the driver took us on the expressway (on wooden bench seats with no seatbelts). If I had been the parent of one of the children, I would have been pitching a fit and calling a cab.

Visited August 2013
4 Thank Penny0988

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Ok Tour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

The tour was ok, possibly a little too long for my daughter to sit through (She's under 6). The tour was informative and we saw many different spots within Richmond but I would have liked more opportunities to have been able to stop and take pictures. Overall a nice start to kick off being a tourist. within the city.

Visited July 2013
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Must Do!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

The tour was worth it. Great tour of Richmond! Great history! The tour guide was newer but seemed to know enough.

Visited April 2013
Richmond, Virginia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Very informative”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

We have lived in Richmond for 13 years now and Saturday was the first time we took this tour. Our guide was personable and knowledgeable. She had done quite a bit of research on her own, and she added those learned tidbits to our tour. She has inspired us to get out and explore and learn more about the city and it's history. This is a great tour to introduce your out of town guest to Richmond. The tour was about 2 hours. In that time we went from one end of Richmond to the other. We had used a groupon coupon for our fare. But I have to say, even without a coupon the fare will be worth the experience.

Visited June 2013
Richmond, Virginia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A Great Tour of Historic Richmond!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

I've been living in Richmond 20 + years and learned more in one afternoon about its history than I knew prior to this entertaining and interesting tour. Bring a pillow to sit on as the wooden bench seats are hard. I paid only $22.00 for 2 of us with a groupon coupon. It was so worth that and more. I will definitely be taking this tour with my out of town visitors this summer and hope we have the same tour guide, Brenda. She made the tour great fun!!! Watch for special prices.

Visited April 2013