“Yum”

California Pizza Kitchen
Ranked #411 of 1,603 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Glen Allen, Virginia
“Yum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

Delicious pizza. Good location. Good service. I love it. The kids pizzas are a bit tiny though. I recommend it

Visited January 2012
2 Thank Sonny F

Glen Allen, Virginia
“A great place for lunch right at the mall!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

Lunch at CPK is awesome...the cheese bread on their sandwiches are ADDICTIVE and give a great taste to any traditional sandwich. The prices are good and the service is also good. So forget the food court and run down to CPK for a good lunch!

Visited October 2012
Powhatan, Virginia
“Another "First Visit"...wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

My wife had gotten a gift certificate for the California Pizza Kitchen about 10 months ago. We seldom go to the Short Pump area because of the crowds. It took us a long time to actually commit to going over that way (especially on a Saturday!!). It was 5pm and we walked in to a half crowed restaurant and was seated immediately.
No sooner where we seated Jason (I THINK that was his name), our waiter, was there to take our drink order and anything else. He was QUICK on the return with our drinks also. It took us a few minutes to figure out what we though we wanted so Jason left us with our thought. He didn't stay gone a long, kept checking on us. My wife chose the wedge salad to start and the Sicilian Pizza for the entrée, I also chose the wedge salad since it sounded good and the Kung Pao spaghetti for my entrée.
The salads came quickly and they were fresh and crisp....just the way they should be. The entrées came right after the salads were wonderful. Sometimes the entrées come and over crowd the tables while you are still eating your appetizer or salad not here.
My wifes pizza was not overly sauce ridden like some pizzas are and the spaghetti on the Kung Pao was better than some Italian restaurants I have been to; al dente. Our drinks were kept refilled without being asked and the overall the service and food were wonderful. When we left the restaurant was filled up and we can see why. We will be back.

• Visited October 2012
Virginia
“Not Quite With It Yet”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

My grandson and I walked in just after this CPK opened for lunch. There was only one other group of customers seated so we expected prompt service. We were seated quickly and the highchair, requisite crayons (4) and child menu arrived just as fast. Our server arrived pretty soon thereafter and offered to put in my grandson's order along with the drinks so it would be ready soon. I went ahead and ordered my pizza at the same time. My grandson's drink arrived at the same time as mine. Then we waited... The next thing to show up at our table was the pizza and a different server who delivered it seemed surprised to hear that I had ordered something else for my grandson! So we waited a good five minutes for his food to make it to the table.
I like CPK's menu and the kid's menu was a pretty extensive one too. So I had no problem with the food that was served. I got the white garlic pizza while I ordered the crispy chicken nuggets for my grandson. They were real chicken and were served piping hot. Fortunately they came with both a ranch dipping sauce as well as ketchup so he amused himself by dunking both the nuggets and broccoli into the sauces.
There seemed to be ample wait staff (maybe too many), but given how few customers there were, they just weren't into us that much. They seemed to congregate around the entrance area. Maybe they were having there pre-lunch meeting, but there were already customers to serve and my grandson could use some more napkins! Drink refills took inordinately long as well.
When it came time to go, I asked for a box for our leftovers and our waiter took everything back and boxed and bagged it very nicely and quickly. I think the staff was finally starting to hit their groove. I'd like to try this place again when the staff is focused on their customers rather than each other.

• Visited August 2012
Wilmslow
“Great pizza and lovely staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

We go here every year with a large group and the service and food are never less than excellent. It is lively (for which read fairly noisy) and casual but the food is great. Try some of the special drinks (flavored lemonades etc.) and the salads!

Visited August 2012