“Traditional Restaurant Setting” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Kids, Families with children
Prince George, Virginia
“Traditional Restaurant Setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

Refreshing to enjoy good Jamaican Food without having to do take-out or window service. The food was better than I remembered a couple of years prior. I stuck with traditional staples: oxtail meal and jerk chick appetizer. Very good.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Virgiinia
“Good, authentic Jamaican cuisine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

My husband and I attended the Jamaica51 celebration at Carenas with the AJR (Association of Jamaicans in Richmond) recently. Not only was the crowd great, but the food also didn't disappoint. My husband got the jerk pork and I got the oxtail, one of my favorite meals. The quantities were huge, the rice and peas and cabbage salad was average. I have been to Jamaica over 20 times and I will say the food was authentic and tasty. The location was convenient, even for someone "North of the river", the décor was bright and service was excellent. We will definitely make the trip again.

• Visited August 2013
RICHMOND, VA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“first time back since the renovation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

My sister, my daughter and I decided to visit Carena's for Sunday lunch. The restaurant has a nice ambiances, colorful artwork, reggae music following throughout. When we arrived the restaurant was busy with the usual sunday church goers. We didnt have to wait for a table and the hostess got our drink orders right away. There was only one waitress and it took awhile for her to take our orders. The calamari was tender, lightly coated with batter and came with a sweet dipping sauce. We ordered the jerk chicken burrito, the combo jerk chicken/ curry chicken and the chicken curry and jerk pork. The food came out hot, meats was tender, flavours was just right, no salt need and the right amount of kick to it. Even though Carena's is slacking a bit in the service dept the food made up for it. We'll definitely visit more often.

• Visited April 2013