“Not a place to go if you are in a rush (not sure if this applies to the other location)” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Buz and Ned's Real Barbecue

Buz and Ned's Real Barbecue
Ranked #10 of 1,594 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: While Buz has been dishing real barbecue in Richmond since 1992, our first brick-and-mortar location on Boulevard opened in 1995. We've also had the honor and privilege of being featured on some of television's top food shows. We are thankful to our loyal fan base that keeps coming back year-after-year. We opened our Broad St. location in 2012 and we look forward to bringing the same barbecue tradition to the West End.
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

Buz and Ned's was suggested to me by a co-worker. Whenever anyone would ask "Hey where is good barbecue place"? Without a blink of a eye he would respond "Buz and Ned's". I decided to give them a try since he raved about them. So for are dinner and a movie night, my other half and I decided to try the location off of West Broad Street (Use to be Fuddruckers for those who are Richmond Natives).

Pros:
Location- Very easy to spot and easy to get to. You are allowed to make a U-turn at the stop light if you are going West on Broad.
Self seating- The West Broad street location allows you to pick your table (you will see this again).
Space- Normally when we go out we ask for a booth. Since this is seat your self service the only opening we had was a table. It was nice to sit at a table and not feel like you were in the way.
Good Food- I opted for the jumbo beef rib platter with french fries and collard greens. To me the ribs were huge. I had a total of seven and took four home. The greens were awesome. Come to think of it I liked them better then the main dish and would go back for that reason. The ribs are excellent re heated. I wrapped them in aluminum foil and added some ice cubes for moisture and they were awesome. I think they tasted better second day.

Con's- As with anything, what goes up must come down.
Self Seating- Self seating sounds really nice until Tada no one is getting up.
Hour wait- After placing the order we waited a little over an hour to receive are food. Why? Well your food is not placed until you give the waiter or waitress your ticket. So until you find a table and someone comes to your table to pick up your receipt, your order does not exist.
Disorganized- Once you give the waiter or waitress their copy of the receipt it is every woman and man for their self. They do not give you any numbers to put on your table or even a buzzer. People were walking up to tables that already had food, and giving out orders to the wrong tables. It got so out of hand that they started calling people over the intercom and waited for the person to wave their hand. Really bad when you have someone ask you for your first and last name so they can make sure they have the right order for your table.
Price- Two meals and two drinks came to $57 not including tip. Speaking of tip. Make sure you have cash. You pay before you receive your meal so the tip is not included.

In all Buz and Ned's was okay and I would try the original location (BOULEVARD). Would I recommend this restaurant to a friend? Yes but do not come on an empty starving stomach.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank I-Travel-4-Food

Richmond, Virginia
“Awesome taste bud experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

First visit to this new location. Original location is good, and, if possible, this new location is better! The new, larger location is really quite a process. The place was brisk with diners, all looking forward to their food. All proved to be the best barbeque we have in Richmond.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“Stopped for lunch.. Got a bit confused.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

I've wanted to try the new location for sometime. I decided to stop today. I drove by around lunch and it was packed. I came back around 3:30 and the crowd had left. Apparently between 2-4 during the slow period you place your order at the bar instead of going through the established order line. Confusing.. This must be a new process because the line cook called the bar for the order instead of the name I provided. Thank goodness I checked. Who knows how long I would have waited.. Also you order Coke products from the bar but Pepsi in the seating area (huh?).. I ordered the grilled chicken skewers which were delicious along with apples and the southern greens.. Everything was seasoned perfectly and the portions were a decent size.. All in all a good experience. Did not know whether the wait staff came and got the finished plates as I did not see a place to dump items in the restaurant.. Hopefully they will correct this confusing situation to improve on the overall experience. I would hate to see this place at the height of the crowds.. Whew!

Richmond, VA
“way too much money for a 1/2 rack of ribs!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

Ribs were not 'fall of the bone', the taste was good but a little spicy and way too much money $20+ for 1/2 rack and 2 sides. When I am spending $20+ I don't want to eat out of a basket with paper towels for napkins!

Stillwater, New York
“Threw down some Ribs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

As an aficionado of genuine BBQ I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to try Buz and Neds’ in Richmond Virginia on a recent visit. There are two locations in the Richmond area we chose the W. Broad Street location. Like many other BBQ shacks, the restaurant is small and plainly outfitted. Of course there is a good selection of jazz playing the background and a Harley parked out front. On warmer days you can sit outside under the tent at the picnic tables a good choice since the inside has limited space for seating. Before getting up to the serving window I suggest picking up one of the paper menus and checking off what you want especially if you are in a large group as we were. The serving window is small, orders taken on one side, given on the other. There were several in the food prep area all working in their own spots dashing back and forth to fill orders. The menu is quite extensive and includes several rib selections, plus pulled pork, beef and chicken selections. The availability of sides is extensive as well as their selection of beverages including, fresh squeezed lemonade, craft and domestic beers including crafts with the Ned and Buz name, bottled just for them. Now to the important part, the food. I had a half rack of baby backs; beef and pork ribs are also available. Be careful what you ask for, the portions are large and you can’t go away hungry. The sandwich plates are served with one or two sandwiches depending on small or large orders. There are the usual hush puppies which were done well and flavorful. The ribs were real BBQ ribs, not a hit of artificial smoke and were very meaty and cooked just right, nice bark, pink smoke ring and very flavorful. This is real BBQ. The rest of the group had a variety of items including some shrimp which was also great. No one complained and everyone was full after a great BBQ lunch. The best part no smoke after taste three hours later, just the memory of good home cooked BBQ. The prices are about what you would expect for this type of restaurant, no frills just good eats. The rib prices were a bit on the higher side but were well worth it with plenty of meat on the bones and expertly cooked. I would have to rate this as one of the better BBQ joints I have visited. I would highly recommend returning to Buz and Neds whenever our travels bring us back to the Richmond area.

• 5 of 5 bubbles