“Really great chicken”

Cuisines: American
Description: Part of the Lee's chain of chicken restaurants
Description: Part of the Lee's chain of chicken restaurants
Reviewed February 11, 2014

A go-to place when you feel like fried chicken and even being a Southern girl with a cast-iron skillet, you don't feel like making it at home!

Reviewed February 11, 2014

I've been to Lee's Chicken quite a few times within the last two years. I was told this was the chicken place of all chicken places in Richmond prior to my first visit. Was it? Here is my more elaborate review.

Pros:
Quality of Chicken - Lee's Chicken offers a very unique flavor of chicken with its Original Recipe. They also offer two other recipes that make the chicken equally great tasting. If my neighbor had a Lee's Chicken, I would go there every day.

Side items: The side items, Mac n Cheese and Potato Wedges in particular are very delicious. The biscuits outshine any other biscuits from Hardees, KFC, Popeyes and Churches Chicken.

Cons:
Prices: The prices for meals are very expensive for a chicken place. A meal you could get at KFC for $8-$12 will cost you $18-$24 at Lee's. If you are a financially challenged customer, you might want to visit Lee's every once in a while.

Unhealthy: Granted, I am not aware of any cooks that can make "healthy fried chicken", the amount of grease and sodium Lee's uses to cook their chicken is alarming to those that are health conscious. Of all the chicken places Ive been to in the past, Lee's would have to be the greasiest chicken out there. If you suffer from high blood pressure, you might wanna go easy on this food.

Overall: If you are looking for good chicken and you dont mind spending money, go to Lee's Chicken. If you suffer from significant health problems, make sure you make a doctors appointment after finishing your meal.

1  Thank 712jonb
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

After driving past this place next to the Pleasants hardware on Broad St. for years, we finally stopped in (intrigued about a fast food place that does drug tests on its new employees). Apparently hiring quality employees really pays off.. This was the best fried chicken experience I've had in a long time.

We went inside and it was very clean.. great first impression. The employees inside were very nice as well. It was busy with a diverse mix of people inside placing orders.. Quite comfortable. They have a drive thru too but I'll do that next time.

We got one of the family meals that came with sides and biscuits. The fried chicken is so good... As was the baked beans, coleslaw and mashed potatoes with gravy I got. And the biscuits! So fresh.. Everything tasted fresh and delicious.

Note, it is more expensive than a KFC but I won't even consider KFC with its steadily declining quality as an option anymore after having Lee's chicken. I highly recommend.

1  Thank LostChi
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Loved it as usual
Lee's chicken is very delicious. I'm by no means a fried chicken connoisseur, but for me, it is the best fried chicken I ever tasted. I've had both the original and crispy/spicy chicken, and prefer the crispy batter.

I've only stuck to the potato wedges and mac'n'cheese, as I find both very delicious, hence no reason to try anything else :)

If you are in the area, do yourself a favor and give Lee's a shot. Service is friendly and quick, and guaranteed some tasty chicken.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Compared with KFC and Pop eyes, Lee's chicken is more tasty, especially their hot and spicy ones. My favorate place for fried chicken