“The Performance Highlight of Our Trip”

St. John's Episcopal Church
Church Hill Segway Tour in Richmond
Ranked #6 of 190 things to do in Richmond
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Historic St. John's Church - where Patrick Henry gave his 'give me liberty or give me death' speech. Tours offered daily, every 30 minutes. Summer Liberty or Death Reenactment Series every Sunday from Memorial Day through Labor Day. 2 special reenactments on Independence Day. Fancy Me Mad - Graveyard Spirits and Tales from Poe every October. We are closed to the public the month of January.
Reviewed November 6, 2016 via mobile

The church seemed closed for repair when we came to the door and we were rushed in to a Live reenactment of Patrick Henry's Famous speech in the place he did it more than two hundred years before. It was the best. A hundred fourth gardens in a historical trance. From the balcony we watched the play with amazement and paid at the gift shop after. What a gift as they rarely do the play in the daytime.

1  Thank rogersober
"love history"
"visiting richmond"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed October 31, 2016

if Patrick Henry said something different than "I don't know what course you will take but, as for me, give me liberty or give me death", it was pretty much the same thought. Doh't go to Richmond without seeing where this event took place which was so influential in getting the Colonies to unify around the idea of separation from England.

Reviewed October 28, 2016

Visited the church for the annual Poe themed event. The characterizations in the cemetery were extremely well done and very interesting and entertaining. The organ music inside was a delight. And the Poe dramatization and poetry reading was magnificent. My only complaint is I would have liked MORE reading - it was just a fantastic event and I look forward to attending more such offerings.

Reviewed October 24, 2016

Family in from out of town. They were in awe of the church & so was I. I have lived here all my life & I still enjoy visiting here. Really makes you stop & appreciate this country!!