Book In Advance
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

Recommended experiences in and around Richmond
from $51.94
from $65.00
from $80.00
More Info
All reviews patrick henry re enactment declaration of independence gave his famous speech patriotic music founding fathers american history gift shop period costume stained glass our tour guide historic place buried here piece of history love history visiting richmond visitor center
Reviewed October 31, 2016

if Patrick Henry said something different than "I don't know what course you will take but, as for me, give me liberty or give me death", it was pretty much the same thought. Doh't go to Richmond without seeing where this event took place which was so influential in getting the Colonies to unify around the idea of separation from England.

Date of experience: October 2016
Reviewed October 28, 2016

Visited the church for the annual Poe themed event. The characterizations in the cemetery were extremely well done and very interesting and entertaining. The organ music inside was a delight. And the Poe dramatization and poetry reading was magnificent. My only complaint is I would have liked MORE reading - it was just a fantastic event and I look forward to attending more such offerings.

Date of experience: October 2016
1  Thank VickyLynne
Reviewed October 24, 2016

Family in from out of town. They were in awe of the church & so was I. I have lived here all my life & I still enjoy visiting here. Really makes you stop & appreciate this country!!

Date of experience: September 2016
Reviewed September 22, 2016

This is a pretty, historical Church the site of the famous speech, give me Liberty or give me Death. Poe's mother is buried here as well as many historic people. They do have tours, we arrived late after the last one but were able to see the exterior and the graves.

Date of experience: September 2016
Reviewed September 12, 2016 via mobile

This church does a reenactment of Patrick Henry's "give me liberty" speech. It is well done and very moving. Beautiful church.

Date of experience: July 2016