“Big Surprise, Excellent burger”
Review of Cookout

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cookout
Ranked #716 of 1,631 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Have been seeing the new place "Cookout Burgers on Midlothian tpk, in Richmond VA. Decided to try it out in my quest for the best burger. WOW!! I loved it.

I ordered a double cheeseburger with LTM, in a combo with 2 sides and a fairly large drink. All for less than $6 dollars. Ohh, and I went through the drive through, The guys on the speaker box were wonderful too, very courteous. (they have a double drive through lanes for the volume.)

The burger came wrapped in aluminum foil, it was hot, and juicy. (make sure to ask for extra napkins!) It was great! the meat has lots of flavor, the cheese tasted like cheese, and the bun was warm and not soggy. The sides I ordered (2 included in the price) were fries and chicken nuggets. I got nice crispy fries about 12 or 15, and 3 chicken nuggets that actually tasted and felt like they had been made with a real chicken. It was all good. The soft drink was a coke, but not a regular coke, it had shaved ice instead of ice-cubes and the syrup mix of the coke was adjusted so it was still great coke flavor even after I finished the burger and gulped the drink down. It reminded me of a soda fountain coke. You could actually taste the coke in it and the ice was below the midpoint in the foam glass.

They advertise on the cup, that they are a "creamery" also with shakes of different types. I will have to go back for the shake, because I was too full to do it while I had my burger.

Definitely I would have to place cookout in the top 3 places in Richmond as far as my search for the top 3 in town. I have to have my burgers.

PS, Right next door is the $3 dollar car-wash, the best in town. I got my best meal of the week and a car- wash for less than 9 bucks. How can you beat that!!!! I'll tell ya! You can't!!

1  Thank Sam B

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Rating is based upon type of establishment. Of course this is not a great French restaurant, but for a carryout, it is one of the best. And it is open until 3:00 am, when most of Richmond has gone to bed. Cookout has a variety of choices including hot dogs with all kinds of toppings, and bbq, burgers.. There is a drive-thru and walk-up, outside seating , but no inside seating, like Checkers. Many types of milkshakes. Prices are very good. You should definitely try it. You should find something you like.

1  Thank Mark K
Reviewed September 20, 2012

These guys have got it going on! Great prices and a chicken quesadilla to die for! Great for budgets!

1  Thank Melissa B
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Try the Milkshakes! Peach Cobbler or Banana Pudding Milkshake are the best!

2  Thank DaveNthe804