“New Concept, Great Idea.”
Review of Mint New Casual Cuisine - CLOSED

Mint New Casual Cuisine
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My husband, 2 yr old daugter and myself went to Mint friday night 630 reservations. We had been there once before the menu was revamped and liked it alot. Now they have chef Malcolm Mitchell from the food network in the kitchen. When we arrived we were seated promptly and the waiter wasnt too far behind with 2 glasses of water and a plastic cup with cover and straw for the baby( great thiking ahead). we decided to order all small plates, tempura battered lobster lollipops, french fries with two gourmet sauces( your choice) crab cake, short rib tacos, mexican chicken wings, and another lobster lollipop( soo good) the food came out quick fresh hot and WOW FACTOR YUMMO you guys. No complaints, I will say all the sauces were out of this world good the peach jerk that came with the fries was the best consistency and taste i have had hands down- presentation was nice as well. Going back for more real soon.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

"New Casual Cuisine"--Wasn't really sure what that means, but the menu is kind of eclectic; some southern, fish, a few meats, and something for the vegetarian. However, I wouldn't go out of the way to visit this restaurant again. Staff mirrored the name; Casual--not dressed and informal but super friendly. Patrons were casually dressed, with some men wearing shorts. The restaurant seems to cater to the hip, youngish clientele. No outdoor seating. Portions are reasonably sized (probably won't go home with a doggie bag here, but I think it's about time portions were sized smaller) and attractively presented, but prettier than the quality. My fish was tough and overdone. I was disappointed in the lack of vegetables on the plate. I still expect a balanced meal with starch and vegetables. The bread was excellent (a plain white Italian style roll)! The price is fair--not over priced.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

My Boyfriend and I came here for brunch on Sunday around 3. We felt bad because we didn't realize that they were closing the kitchen in a few minutes. I was trying to make a quick decision but I was struggling so I just picked the same thing my man got. I was disappointed because I like to try a few things and we had just ordered 2 burgers with sides that were both potatoes-I was already feeling guilty and I hadn't even eaten yet. I had a couple of raspberry mimosas. They were very refreshing. They offer $6 specialty mimosas for brunch. Our food came and it was phenomenal. I totally forgot about my guilt as soon as the food was set down. I love the truffle potato salad. The kobe patties were fat and filled out the artisan style bun and cooked at a nice medium. It's good I got my own because my boyfriend certainly wouldn't have been sharing. Great bartender, we really appreciate the service.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

I came here with a friend for a late dinner. There was no wait and we were seated right away. I immediately love the decor and ambiance. Playoffs were on that night and I was very happy to be able to sit in front of one of their flat screens. We just tried their house cut fries with their garlic aeoli to share. It was good, but wasn't too impressed. They just tasted like I've them before. For my entree, I decided to try their chicken and waffles. I've never had chicken and waffles before, so I was pretty excited. When I received my plate, the waffle filled up the whole plate, the chicken pieces were on top, still piping hot. The berry syrup smothered it all with a dallop of goat cheese butter. Oh my. It was like heaven. The chicken wasn't greasy and was breaded just right. I think the only thing I would've changed and would recommend is to have the berry syrup served separately. The waffles lost their crunch and just got really soggy. I just prefer my waffles to still have a little bit of that crunch to it.

For the final cost of dinner, I payed about $25, not including tip. Kinda pricy for one person. The chicken and waffles were a little on the high side. Would I come back here? Absolutely. Parking may be hard to find, but Mint is a quaint restaurant with friendly servers, and a cozy ambience.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Enjoyed a great Friday evening meal at this relatively new restaurant. We chose to start with appetizers and then order sandwiches. Most of the party enjoyed special beer...but I ordered two of their special mixed drinks. Make that three...the bartender was experimenting with a new drink...and they made sure our table had one to share. Overall it is a very nice, casual but well designed restaurant. The appetizers, drinks, and sandwiches were top rate.