“Fabulous Fun!!!”

Children's Museum of Richmond
Ranked #30 of 176 things to do in Richmond
More attraction details
Owner description: A center for active learning, creative play and global exploration.
Reviewed January 30, 2014

We live in Alexandria but make sure we make this a stop on our itinerary when traveling south. On our way down today it was all my 4yo could ask and talk about. The museum with the ambulance and the car you can build. (He was referring to the garage there that used to have a soft car with removeable tires). Stopped in today to find they had made some changes, which was nice to see a few different play stations. We especially enjoyed the water table/attraction, which is where he spent most of his time. LOVE the art room, so many ideas and stuff to make. Always find the bathrooms pretty clean and the staff friendly and helpful. The only downside is the expense. I understand they have a business to support but wondering why they charge for adults that are only there to supervise the children and not playing. Will still go back because my little one loves it. Looking forward to the opening of the new location in Fredricksburg this spring.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Time and money well spent. My two younger kids enjoyed the activities much more than my young teen though my teen was able to play along. My kids spent a good amount of time in the area for a mechanic, supermarket, bank and clinic. My kids also liked the stage area and hand puppets. The stage/theater materials and curtains were well 'loved' and could stand an upgrade. I appreciated the coat rack. Tip: ask about the coat rack upon entering and don't forget hand sanitizer. I wished I brought my own water jug. They had snacks on site so bring a little extra cash.

Liz P, Manager at Children's Museum of Richmond, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Thanks so much for posting your feedback - and for mentioning the areas your children enjoyed. We're so glad you're kids had a good time in the mechanic area, as well as the other exhibits! Hope to see you there again soon! ~ Liz P.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

This was a very clean, imaginative children's museum in a big, open warehouse space. My 3-year-old had a blast. We went on a weekday, and besides the morning field trip group, it was pretty empty. They have snacks there for sale and a small eating area (I think there were only two tables). I was very disappointed they didn't participate in the ACM reciprocal program, so we had to pay full price.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

All three Children's Museum locations in Richmond offer varied adventures and play areas for children. All are well kept, well managed, and are definitely worth a visit. From the "train ride" in the west end, to the "pirate ship" downtown, they're all packed with novel things to see and do!

1  Thank woodstock99
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Your children will absolutely love this museum. There is so many things to do. You can spend hours in it and never get bored. I have been many times and everyone is super friendly.

1  Thank Patsy S
Liz P, Manager at Children's Museum of Richmond, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Thanks so much! We're glad you stopped by to learn and play! ~ Liz P.

Been to Children's Museum of Richmond? Share your experiences!