“Tons of Fun!”

Hollywood Cemetery Segway Tour in Richmond
Church Hill Segway Tour in Richmond
Ranked #5 of 29 Tours in Richmond
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Four of us had a fabulous morning with a fairly large group. Our instructor was very patient and clear about our Segway instruction. We had plenty of practice before we headed out on our tour. We saw many interesting things and our tour guide was knowledgeable about the areas we covered. Would love to own one!

There are newer reviews for Segway of Richmond

Reviewed August 8, 2013

We 1st tried out the Segways by a Groupon. And LOVED it. Did the Canal Walk Tour/ Richmond. The 2nd time we toured Hollywood Cemetary . And felt very comfortable on them together. I think it may be more fun than Harleys ! We will do it again soon.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I was apprehensive about managing one of these as I have no sense of balance but I was so surprised. We did the one hour micro tour and it began with a lesson on how to use them, how to balance and steer etc. We had a safety lesson and a practice and then we were ready for the off. There is a little bag on the front to pop you valuables in. We saw some cool graffiti art down by the canal and then went over to Browns Island. We were able to go full speed here as it was fairly quiet - 13mph - but it was such fun. We also took in the Capitol Building and Governors Mansion on the tour. Our guide was really nice and chatty. I cannot wait to book a longer trip. My godson had an awesome time. The office on East Cary is easy to find and there is plenty of parking nearby. The Trolley Tour also goes from here.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

My daughters, for years, have wanted to go Segwaying (not sure if that's a word or not) and on our recent trip to Richmond I was finally able to give them an opportunity to.

They were all tenuous about learning the physical mechanics of the segway, but after about 10 minutes they were all much more comfortable. I was amazed at well I could control the device after a few minutes, and felt a lot more comfortable than I thought I would.

We took the downtown Richmond tour, length approximately 1 hour. Our guide, Aston, was very knowledgeable of the history and the color of the downtown Richmond area. Some sections we had to "breeze past" as there was a soccer tournament ongoing.

Overall, it was amazingly fun for my daughters, my fiance, and I and we are all looking forward to repeating the experience!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I did the one hour tour through a Groupon deal and really loved it. We were able to practice for a while which made the experience closer to two hours than one. Riding the Segways was just as much fun as the tour itself. My Segway did have a few problems and shut off on me twice during the tour but the guide switched with me and I had no problems after that. The tour was informative but I definitely think we would have gotten more information in the longer tour. I would highly recommend this to anyone but make sure you feel comfortable with the idea of being on Segway. We did have one person not participate because they freaked out on the Segway during the practice session.