“More fun than hoped for!”
Review of Segway of Richmond

Segway of Richmond
Book In Advance
Richmond Landmark Segway Tour
Abraham Lincoln Foot-Steps Tour by Segway
Church Hill Segway Tour in Richmond
Ranked #4 of 29 Tours in Richmond
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My daughters, for years, have wanted to go Segwaying (not sure if that's a word or not) and on our recent trip to Richmond I was finally able to give them an opportunity to.

They were all tenuous about learning the physical mechanics of the segway, but after about 10 minutes they were all much more comfortable. I was amazed at well I could control the device after a few minutes, and felt a lot more comfortable than I thought I would.

We took the downtown Richmond tour, length approximately 1 hour. Our guide, Aston, was very knowledgeable of the history and the color of the downtown Richmond area. Some sections we had to "breeze past" as there was a soccer tournament ongoing.

Overall, it was amazingly fun for my daughters, my fiance, and I and we are all looking forward to repeating the experience!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I did the one hour tour through a Groupon deal and really loved it. We were able to practice for a while which made the experience closer to two hours than one. Riding the Segways was just as much fun as the tour itself. My Segway did have a few problems and shut off on me twice during the tour but the guide switched with me and I had no problems after that. The tour was informative but I definitely think we would have gotten more information in the longer tour. I would highly recommend this to anyone but make sure you feel comfortable with the idea of being on Segway. We did have one person not participate because they freaked out on the Segway during the practice session.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We rented segways to tour on our own, without benefit of a tour guide. For us, this was a perfect solution allowing flexibility. After a 25 min instruction, we took off, touring the canal district, Brown Island, and other landmarks. What fun! The instruction was perfect, and the segways were easy to operate and control, even up and down steep hills. This will definitely be on my to do list next visit to Richmond.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Awful. Dont waste ur time or money. You could not hear the tour guide, he just left and didn't wait before going thru tour, i had 5 people in my group couldn't wait to do the Segway tour. It was sooooo disappointing. I would not recommend this experience to my worst enemy. The best part of experience was training before the actual tour.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

The tour could have been more informative as to buildings we passed going from one stop to another. There were no mikes for the leader to chat about random info as we went along. Other segtours have that so info is not missed. Otherwise, you had to wait until the next stop to ask what the building was you passed 2 blocks ago.