“Really Interesting, beautiful work!”

Virginia Museum of Fine Arts
Book In Advance
More Info
$40.00*
and up
Richmond's City Center Bike Tour
Ranked #1 of 176 things to do in Richmond
More attraction details
Owner description: VMFA Arts is a top comprehensive US art museum with more than 5,000 years of art from around the world. VMFA is open 365 days a year and general admission is always free. The Wall Street Journal recently stated that VMFA is now a "two day museum."
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Stairs / elevator, Stroller parking, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage
Reviewed March 31, 2013

My husband is not an art nerd like I am, but hr had a really good time and even found a few paintings he really loved. The abstract/21st century work was really cool, as well as the medieval works. I highly recommend it. Wear comfortable shoes and be prepared to spend at least half a day here.

There are newer reviews for Virginia Museum of Fine Arts

Reviewed March 29, 2013

My son and I went to VMFA just for something to do! The artwork is fabulous, and there are plenty of rooms to wander around. I suggest one takes at least half a day to visit the museum for there is so much to see. We didn't get to see everything, but I will definitely go back again!

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Being from New York my expectations for VMFA were low, but after the renovation I was privvy to a tour and what a beautiful museum this is. You can take a guided tour or go on your own, but you will not be disappointed. The eateries are top notch, and the special exhibits are not to be missed. Put on your walking shoes, and enjoy!

Reviewed March 27, 2013

You will not be disappointed Richmond is so very lucky to have such a fantastic gallery . Much loved by the locals and supported . Like a New York gallery in the south . A gem to visit and return to again and again . Love the gift store so many great gifts enjoy !

Reviewed March 26, 2013

We are vacationing in Williamsburg with teenagers and decided to make the (short) trek up to Richmond to see the VMFA. This is a phenomenal, beautiful museum with lots to offer including a delicious cafe overlooking the reflective pond. There are many interesting exhibits and "guards" in every room. On of these "guards" named Bob also happened to be extremely knowledgeable about all of the art and who it came from. I kept searching for Bob and he provided me with a wealth of information. Even 4 cranky teens loved the museum and found plenty to interest them. I highly recommend this museum. You will NOT be disappointed!