“Great suckling pig”

Maximo's Spanish & Italian Bistro
Cuisines: Italian, Spanish
Description: Our passion is our cuisine. Discovering, preparing, and sharing wonderful new flavors and tastes are the 3 things that drive us and make us who we are. Maximo Mozo and Nick Rossicci travel throughout Europe to learn authentic recipes and savory secrets. Now, they have come together to bring you fresh takes on the best cuisine in southern Europe. Maximo’s Spanish Tapas & Authentic Italian Cuisine offers an assortment of tapas, paellas, and authentic Italian dishes.
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Great suckling pig”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Authentic dish hand crafted, Richmond's downtown scene continues to grow and sustain a variety of new and excellent options.

Visited November 2012

Richmond, VA
“Unique experience in RVA”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

My husband and I stopped by for happy hour yesterday and really enjoyed our time here. House wines were better than most. We tried two items recommended by the server/bartender. First was a sauteed mushroom dish with garlic and sherry which was great with fresh, warm bread. Next up, pinchos - pork skewers with house pickled veggies. Both were satisfying. We look forward to a return visit to try the paella.
I say unique in the title as the atmosphere reminds me of restaurants we've visited in South Beach.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank AMSRichmond_VA
Richmond, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“All Hype”
Reviewed June 9, 2012

This place is nothing special! The Spanish food was not good! I ordered some of the Tapas and it was dry and hard and did not taste good at all! I now have a stomach ache from this food. It was awful! The lighting was not good. I read a blog on maximostapas.com and the guy was right! This place is over priced and the rice was not cooked! i did leave a tip because the waitress was trying. Stay far away from this place!

• Visited June 2012
Orlando, Florida
“Authentic Spanish/Italian Cuisine PHENOMENAL!”
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Previewed some food at Maximo's Tapas and I must say: "Phenomenal!" The cerrano ham is a must have tapas/appetizer and Rossicci's Osso bucco was incredible! (Get it with the Spinach Pasta..hmmm yum!!) The Osso bucco was the Best veal I've had in years. Another plate, that also caught my eye was the Paella. This dish was full of flavor. The rice and seafood complimented each other perfectly. [plus the size of it can feed a pretty large party.] Definitely, a great addition to the Richmond community!

• Visited May 2012