“Best customer service I have had at a hotel”

Richmond Magnuson Grand Hotel
Ranked #75 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
A TripAdvisor Member
San Jose, CA
Reviewed May 7, 2006

The rooms were extremely clean and comfortable. Everything seemed new. There was free internet access. The beds were great -comforters and triple sheeted. It was easy to find and located within easy striking distance of downtown. Parking was ample and free.
All in all, this hotel has everything I am looking for when I travel. But what took it over the top was the customer service. Everyone was so NICE, and went far far beyond the norm to accomodate my requests. Through an accidental posting of a no disturb sign, the room didn't get cleaned for my second night there. Management put me in a whole new room and then, when I forgot my personal soap in the old one, went and got it for me! And best of all, they didn't try to make me feel like it was my fault, as so many places do when there is a customer service issue. I also received great service at the business center, the lobby and the restaurant. I cannot recommend this place highly enough. (I travel a lot for business, and don't gush without reason).

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled on business
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed March 27, 2006

This hotel got high marks in many areas! Stayed 3 nites while attending a wedding at hotel and I cant say enough about the staff, the facilities and the room. The rooms were well appointed, clean and the bedding was luxorious. The indoor pool and health club was large , well equipped and very enjoyable. The lounge and restaurant were good sized. We had one dinner and buffet breakfast each day. The dinner menu was extensive and the food delicious. The business center was well equipped and the hotel staff was available to help with any issues or problems. I must commend the great service at this hotel , from the front desk, restaurant, lounge, office, maintenance and housekeeping staff. Everyone was focused on providing the friendliest and highest level of service. Majority of wedding guests felt the same way. Highly recommend this location.

• Stayed: February 2006
4  Thank BostonBubby
Reviewed February 3, 2006

When I read the reviews for this location I didnt know what to expect. I booked this hotel because I had stayed at a Marriott property across the street and during my stay there as we were leaving I said the next time I'm in Richmond I will check out the Crowne Plaza. When I arrived at this hotel I was very impressed. I normally will only stay at the Courtyard or Hilton properties. The lobby area can compete with your top notch 4/5 star hotels. very inviting lobby. The staff was very courteous,helpful & friendly. My room was the best part of my stay. Bed was so plush and comfortable, good quality bed linen (250+ thread count sheets)down pillows & comforter, decor very new and modern. I did get the opportunity to partake in the Breakfast buffet, although not complimentary it was very good and satisfying. They do offer a 5 course dinner as well. Breakfast includes, coffee/tea, juices, oatmeal, fresh fruit, a variety of cold cereal, grits (My alltime favorite breakfast food), yogurt, biscuits & gravy, bacon, link sausage, eggs and fried taters breakfast buffet varies $7.95pp-9.95pp. Indoor pool was a good size and 8ft. There are at least 3 elevators on each floor which is very convenient, ice/soda machines a plenty. I will stay again.

• Stayed: January 2006, traveled on business
8  Thank ShoeDiva2
Reviewed April 4, 2005

Nice stay. The hotel was renovated 2 years ago. The first floor rooms were just re-renovated a month ago after a bad flood. I stayed in one of the "new" first floor rooms and it was very nice, new furniture, beds, carpet. The staff were really very nice. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2005, traveled on business
5  Thank VegasCanuck
Reviewed February 23, 2005

After driving 8 hours, you would think you could get a burger? No, out of rolls, mac and cheese and waitress forgot some of our order. Front desk is understaffed and when we found a strange white substance on the carpet, it took 30 minutes and a call to 1-800-holiday to get a clean room. The new room was clean.

4  Thank Thomas B
Reviewed November 12, 2003

I stay in this motel often, and initially chose it because any motel when it is new is acceptable. I would say that the motel is very gradually going downhill as far as the quality of front desk staff and upkeep of rooms. The complimentary breakfast is very nice. I will continue to book this motel for the present on my regular trips to Richmond.

6  Thank auntmamie
A TripAdvisor Member
SC
Reviewed October 25, 2003

I travel so much, that all hotels start looking and feeling the same. This hotel stands out for me though. I travel to Richmond frequently, and I have not found a friendlier and more accommodating staff. They figured it out.....there is always a newer, bigger, better, or cheaper hotel around the corner, but what people look for is to feel as though they are the only customer. Thank you!

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member