“Wedding”

Dining options: Takeout
Amsterdam, OH
“Wedding”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We recently had my daughters wedding and ordered cupcakes for the wedding. The cupcakes sell themselves! We went in for a taste testing and they were very helpful and gave us a wide range of cupcakes to taste. Their price per dozen is very competitive. They tasted fantastic and were a hit at the wedding. We had very few left. You will want to order a few extra because your guests will come back for more.

Visited August 2012

“LIARS/UNETHICAL”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I was told in WRITING, via e-mail, that 6 10 in round cakes were going to be 45$ a cake. I was not having any special decorations, just icing, regular.

I got there and when they clued in that it was a wedding (which they had record of all along, since I had been in for a tasting and a quote about a month before hand) they tried to charge me 88$ a cake!!!!! With a 35$ delivery fee. I asked why they were marked up more than 100% and I was told by the owner that it was due to delivery, while there was a delivery fee that the delivery was also included in the price of the cake.....

SO i said I would pick them up. She said that would take away the delivery fee, but that there were extra thick cake cardboard bottoms they put them on....and that she could not do anything else..hahahhaha.

I am not sure if they thought that I was incapable of doing math or what but I told them no. Short story LIE TO THEM, if they have no problems lying to you. OR JUST GO SOMEWHERE WHERE THEY ARE NOT HORRIBLY UNETHICAL and perfectly willing to STEAL from you.

• Visited June 2012
Wilson, North Carolina
“Tasty cupcakes”
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Great cupcakes. Excellent selection - just get there early before they sell out of the popular flavors. Staff was very friendly and made good suggestions.

Visited May 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“YUMMY!! Worth the special trip!”
Reviewed April 28, 2012

I had read all the great reviews and "Best in Richmond" awards and knew with an upcoming trip, we had to make a detour to Pearl's on our morning home after an overnight in Richmond. We arrived about 10 mins prior to their official cupcake serving time at 1030am. The young girl behind the counter was welcoming and gave us the cupcake choices available and described them to us as she finished putting out the selections. Unable to decide on which ones, we knew we were taking home a half dozen and my husband had to eat one while we were there -making it a total of 7 cupcakes for $20 and some change-well worth the price! We could not wait to get home to sample them. All of the cupcakes were perfectly moist, very heavy in weight and as of this point, the best we've tasted anywhere! We sampled the Red Velvet with cream cheese frosting, the Plain Jane- yellow cake with vanilla buttercream frosting,Top Hat-yellow cake and chocolate buttercream, Carrot Cake (with plenty of grated carrot and perfectly plump golden raisins) and cream cheese frosting, Black and White-chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream frosting and Giggles -chocolate cake filled with salted caramel and frosted with Snickers buttercream then topped with a drizzle of chocolate ganache and caramel sprinkled with roasted peanuts). My husband ate the Giggles and said it was perfect-not too sweet, but an excellent combo of flavors. The Carrot Cake cupcakes were bigger and tasted just like a perfect carrot cake, which is a compliment. I love cream cheese frosting and there was plenty of frosting on all of the cupcakes. For those who don't like so much frosting, you can easily wipe some off if you feel it's too much. My daughter let one of her two sit for two days in the box on the kitchen counter. We kept threatening her that if she didn't eat it, we were going to. I highly recommend this place. My only disappointment was that I was hoping to sample the Mexicali Chocolate, but it was not a choice the day of my visit. It was a tad upsetting to see it available the next day as I know it would have been delicious.

— in Richmond, Virginia.

• Visited April 2012
Falls Church
“Scrumptious cupcakes!”
Reviewed March 7, 2012

The cupcakes were moist and flavorful! The red velvet was melt in your mouth velvety! The strawberry cupcake tasted of fresh strawberry and creamy frosting!! Yummy!!
They also had these great Oreo cake balls that were a cross between a fudge brownie and a truffle. My husband ate two at one sitting!! He has no sense of savoring--he said "they were good!"

1 Thank gerberdt