“Smells better than it tastes”
Review of Burger Bach

Burger Bach
Ranked #53 of 1,631 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Kind of like cookies in the mall. My mouth was watering when I walked in, and the burger (I had a plain cheeseburger with pesto on the side) was very good. It just wasn't as good as I was expecting, given the phenomenal smell. That said, it is certainly much better than your average McDonalds or Wendy's burger, but I'm not sure it's any better than Carytown Burger. One other annoyance -- they don't have ketchup on the table. You either have to choose it as one of your "free" sauces, or pay extra if don't like your more risky choices.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

We finally got a chance to try Burger Bach and, although the burger was very good, you can't tell it's from a New Zealand cow and it isn't work $12.00. The service was good, but I think you should get more fries than they serve for the price. I don't think we will be going back here.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Dropped in to the Burger Bach. Starving and bummed because I was not working due to the Republican stand-off.
I had a wonderful Proseco straight from Italy which brought back memories of a terrific Classic Italy Tauck trip with friends!
While sipping Proseco, I devoured an absolutels perfect epicurian delightful Asian Thai burger. It is free range chicken with bacon and grilled pineapple with a bbq sauce and peanut sauce plus more that I cannot remember. Burgar Bach delivered a lovely tasteful side salad of fresh local greens with tarragon dressing.
The delicious lunch with helpful, personable wait staff was just what the affordable care physician ordered to chase away the Congressional House Blues!!!

Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

The wait was extremely long, but once you finally get seated, the homemade fries & burgers are very good. FYI, if you usually order your burger medium, I would suggest ordering med/well. They were a little too pink. The Warwick red wine was divine. The atmosphere is ball games on four TV's & a good variety of beers.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Went here on a local recommendation and we were stunned. I was expecting "just another burger place" Boy was I wrong. OK from the top, ample parking, good hostess, excellent bar service. And the burgers....to die for. Fast, well cooked and the *taste* was great. I had a New Zealand lamb and my wife had the beef. Both were just excellent. Nice to get a salad on the side, but we ordered fries (in addition) just to see. Glad we did too! Excellent dipping sauce and tasty fries. A "small" was enough for two people. Lots of new fresh beer on tap. We will be back! Thanks for a great lunch!