“Great dinner / great atmosphere”
Review of Pasture

Pasture
Reserve with OpenTable
Pasture is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 1,638 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 4th
Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

My wife, son and I stopped at Pasture while in Richmond on a college visit to VCU - what a great time.

The restaurant is new and with a fresh farm to restaurant, varied menu.

We started off with cocktails and appetizers - the pimento cheese with ham and the special appetizer - fried okra were great.

Our son loved the burger, while my wife had the home made noodles with greens and bacon - which was good and fresh. I was thrilled by my choices of the chopped salad (with pimento cream dressing) and the crisply pork ribs with white Arkansas sauce - absolutely amazing!

Overall - we had a great meal at nice restaurant. If you ever are in Richmond - stop on in.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

Stumbled upon this gem and have been back twice in one month. The food is fresh and has great presentation. Have never been a fan of pimento cheese but is worth trying. Staff is friendly and always have a smile on their faces. I made reservations for through open table for 15 people at 10pm just minutes before we arrived and they were ready and waiting for us. I would go back in heart beat. Tip: try the burger!

Reviewed June 11, 2014

When a friend and I walked there from the Richmond convention center for lunch, it looked inviting, and we were happy to discover a place near the convention center that offered a nice range of local food and fresh ingredients.

And then we were seated, and we waited. And waited some more—more than 20 minutes—while the wait person assigned to our table totally ignored us, though she came to wait on tables on either side of us, turning her back on us. She did not even take a drink order, as we sat and watched people all around us who had come long after we arrived being served their food.

Finally, a helpful person who was assisting in bringing plates to tables noticed we hadn't been waited on and took our orders.

Most disturbing of all: I wrote the restaurant managers about this experience after it happened, and never got even a reply to my letter. Something's wrong with any restaurant that does business in this way.

2  Thank wdlindsy
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Great food, locally sourced. This is a great atmosphere in Downtown Richmond. I had a very nice salad.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

Not an extensive menu and decor is bizarre, I can't even explain it. Food was good though. I had the pork chop. Had a good smoky flavor.