“Very good simple food, Welcome chic”
Review of Pasture

Pasture
Reserve with OpenTable
Pasture is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 1,607 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 4th
South Riding, Virginia
“Very good simple food, Welcome chic”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Simple, but tasty food are paired well with an upscale rustic decor. The outside awning and windows are very unassuming, but once inside you find tall ceilings, bright paint, and a welcoming and relaxed contemporary environment. Perfect for some friends to grab a bite or drink. You'll see a beautiful wall of wood behind the bar, which make for a great backdrop.

I stopped in with a co-worker while passing through Richmond for dinner, and was met with friendly staff and quickly served, delicious food. The overall experience was very good, and I would definitely not mind coming back. I ordered the Seafood Stew which had shrimp, clams, baby potatoes, sausage, and some perfect bread for sopping up all the yummy broth. It was a great size for a moderate dinner portion (not too big or small). The menu had a number of small plates which also looked good, judging from our dining neighbors, but we didn't try those. I finished off the meal with a "rice grits" pudding... topped with some sweetened apples and a drizzle of honey. It was very tasty as well.

Compared to some other restaurants in Richmond I've been to, this place was slightly more expensive (only a dollar or two) than say Comfort (which I think had better food) -- but Pasture did have a nicer atmosphere. The place was clearly popular as it had a full restaurant on a Wednesday night.

I look forward to a future visit to try some of the other offerings.

• Visited January 2014

Pittsburgh, United States
“Fresh, but Nothing to Rave About”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

The wife and I went to Pasture for our date night on the recommendation of a co-worker. We had the special (chicken tacos), pork rinds and the grits and charizo (sp). The food wasn't horrible, but the chicken tacos were a little dry, still good, but it was like they were missing something. The pork rinds tasted like something I bought from the corner store in NC when I was a kid, the guy did tell he they were made in house...didn't taste like it. The grits and charizo should have been billed as a soup and I think the meat may have been a little raw. May go back and try them again, but for the money I can think of SEVERAL other places I would whether go.

• Visited January 2014
atlanta
“Simple but good!”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

We always pass this place on our way to another restaurant and this time we decided to give this one a shot. It's a nice place for lunch, simple, good food and good service. We'll be back for dinner!

Visited December 2013
ES
“Nice surprise”
Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

We were in Richmond to see Queens of the Stone Age at the National. Checked trip advisor for restaurants near our hotel and 2 stuck out to us, a seafood place that we wont mention and pasture. We actually went to the seafood joint and they were closed! So we walked down the street to pasture and were sure glad we did.

Very open and minimalist design, we grabbed a couple seats at the bar. Awesome cocktail list and lots of great local beers on tap, their happy hour included cheap rail drinks and dollar off beers along with half off starters. We went with the steak tartar and the chorizo meatballs with grits in a pazole sauce. The tartar was awesome, with a chili ketchup and what appeared to be baby jalapenos with some nice crostinis, the meatballs were nice and moist and flavorful.

Choosing an entree was pretty tough because they all looked good. Our bartender told us about them house butchering their hogs for the pork chop so we both ended up getting that. It was served with their garlicky greens(awesome), an amazing spoon bread and cranberry topping. Our chops were cooked perfectly. Super moist with just a trace of pink in the center, I can't stress enough how right these pork chops were.

As a cool side note the bathrooms were painted in chalk board paint and you could write on them with chalk provided, pretty cool. Check it out, def worth it

Winter Garden, Florida
“One of my favorites!”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I am seriously addicted to Pasture. Some work colleagues and I stopped in for dinner on a whim and I've been back every week since. Some times, I like to just order an appetizer and a small plate and other times I'll order an appetizer, large plate and a dessert. With the large selection and options, it's easy to plan a meal to fit whatever your appetite may be.

So far, I haven't been disappointed by a single thing I've ordered off of the menu. The staff is excellent and the cook staff obviously knows what they're doing. I would highly recommend this restaurant to even the pickiest eaters. Enjoy!!

• Visited November 2013