“Horrible”

La Quinta Inn Richmond South
Ranked #40 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Hotel is a dive, non smoking rooms smell like smoke, room was gloomy and smelled like some had just used the bathroom, manager runs hotel like a slum lord. Carpets are filthy. I would not stay there. Should be a motel. Manager offered to rid room of cigarette smoke with a generic brand of lysol, lied and said not more rooms were available until I called hotels.com. The conditions were not acceptable to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms at another hotel are best.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Laurence A

Reviewed March 17, 2013

As usual, we find La Quinta to be have nice rooms, good desk service, good breakfast, and other amenities such as microwave and refrigerator, an exercise room and laundry. The bed was comfortable, internet easily accessible. The only drawback of the location was that regular restaurants (not fast food places) are about 3.5 miles away, as are grocery stores if you plan to eat in room.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank KLK-NY
A La Quinta traveler
Cambridge, Ohio, USA
Reviewed March 12, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I had a great experience with this La Quinta. When I arrived and the man at the front desk asked my name, I gave him my last name and he knew my first without looking at the reservation. We got a King bed with a sleeper sofa room and it was a big room! We brought our dogs with us and they were very accommodating. Their breakfast was pretty standard as far as hotel breakfast's go, but they did have a waffle maker. When leaving, the (same) front desk man remembered our room number and genuinely asked how we liked our stay. I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 23, 2013

The staff was very friendly and nice. The beds are great and everything is clean. Housekeepers and staff were understanding that I had a few pet cats. I was attending a clinic in Richmond. I tipped very, very generously not that they scratched or anything but they spilled a little litter and water. The front desk is fine and try to accommodate you as best they can. And hey-this is not the Ritz or Four Seasons. The rooms are $60-$70/night. This is a nice place to hang your hat for a few hrs to relax and be on your way in the morning. If you want the RItz or Hyatt, do everyone a favor and go there and don't complain. There are lots of choices in Richmond.

Room Tip: I loved the ground floor rooms for easy access to the lot. There is a very convenient entrance so...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 19, 2013

The physical hotel itself is getting kind of old and needs some work to feel fresh and clean, so, as La Quintas go, it is not the best but, because of the efficient staff, it's good enough and the room itself was roomy and clean. We stay at La Quinta for value and because it is always a nice place to go when we have our dog with us. Breakfast was good, as we have come to expect.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Let me start by saying I was tired when we got here. Had been on the road for almost 6 hours, and was looking for a place to sleep. Nothing fancy, I just wanted to sleep.

The Good - The place was clean. The room was nice. The staff was pleasant and well kept.

The Great - I have to give them props on their breakfast. Waffles, French toast, Yogurt, And a variety of otherr things. Definitely a great way to start a day after a night from hell.

Why you'd Avoid - My neighbors to the right had their TV on so loud I could feel it vibrate. Called front desk, they turned it down, but walls so thin I could still hear every noise coming from the TV. Neighbor on the right may have had a UTI don't know but about every 15 or twenty minutes they had to go to the bathroom so I would hear them flush, wash their hands and any other noises that come from their room. Also, from my bathroom neighbor their alarm clock went off at 6 am and they either forgot or didnt wake up to it so i had to call the front desk again to get them to shut off their alarm. Horrible night sleep, paper thin walls, will never ever stay here again.

This place may be inexpensive and have a good breakfast, but if you value privacy or sleep, this is not the place for you.

Room Tip: try to get a room with no neighbors if you have to stay here.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond I-95 South
Candlewood Suites Richmond-South
Red Roof Inn - Richmond South
Hyatt Place Richmond / Arboretum
Country Inn & Suites Chester
Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport

Been to La Quinta Inn Richmond South? Share your experiences!