“Temps merveilleux”
Review of C'est Le Vin

C'est Le Vin
Reserve with OpenTable
C'est Le Vin is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #565 of 1,719 Restaurants in Richmond
Dining options: Private Dining
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: E Franklin St
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Nicely hidden yet public. Fun band, great local art, scrumptious groupon deal and food. Great for a date night if you want something cute different upscale feel without being stuffy.

Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

1) Red wine should NOT be served at room temperature!! Particularly not in Richmond, Virginia in July, and especially not if you call yourself a wine bar!! If you can't afford a proper wine cellar, at least store the wine in a dark place and chill it slightly before serving it to get it down to cellar temperature. A few degrees makes an enormous difference: this infuriates me!

2) The potatoes bravas was mushy and too hot. This recipe is better if the potatoes are slightly crispy, and the heat in Spanish food should be just enough to be interesting and should build subtly. This dish punched you in the face and then kicked you while you were down.

3) Our server (Sam) was excellent and professional. Bravo.

4) The polenta was the best I've ever had, and I've had lots of polenta.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

I usually love visiting this wine bar for my voulet. It is owned by a mother and son I lieve. The mother is very nice and usually make me feel welcomed. My last visit, the son waited on my dinner party and was extremely rude to the customers. I was shocked and disappointed to say the least. He was very argumentative for a business owner with a table full of customers. This experience tainted my view of this place and I will not be returning.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Although I had a brief wine tasting, I fell in love with this place. The intimate setting and the very nice people were every welcoming. The wines tasted were amazing. I'm excited to come back for thier spoken word night.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Visited on Friday date night, early before a movie. Greta small plates and interesting wines. We split the cheese plate, the seared polenta and the seafood lettuce wraps. All were nicely presented in perfect tapas portions. Lots of places claim to be doing small plates these days, but there's a difference between small potions and a tapas menu meant to share. Washed it all down with a nice Albarino. We were wanly and got seated right away, our waiter was attentive but not over bearing. He brought the food as we ordered. Overall a great experience. I just think the room could be a little nicer, maybe put in some booths. It kind of looks like an empty space converted to a restaurant by putting in cheap tables. Definitely could do away with paper napkins! I'll leave judgement on the artwork on the walls up to individual taste, but it's not something that I'd hang. Overall, a good food and wine experience, but more upscale ambiance is needed to match both the service and what's coming out of the kitchen.